Currency Format

Blesta Addons

in Morocco we use it, and also can be a preference.

another reason is when we use RTL languages,  number like "1 586,12$" appear like this "586,12$ 1", and we are forced to use the format '#,###.##' but this format is not accepted by our accountant system now.

i think the best option is to allow admin add their custom format like wh*** do now .

You use "####,##" but your accountant doesn't accept it because it really should be "# ###,##"?

The only currency formats I'm aware of are listed here, which Blesta supports.

If the problem is the display in RTL HTML documents, what if we treat just the currency format as LTR? So instead of seeing "586,12$ 1" you will see it as "1 586,12$" even when the rest of the document is RTL. Would that work?

22 hours ago, Tyson said:

You use "####,##" but your accountant doesn't accept it because it really should be "# ###,##"?

we use this format '#,###.##' , but our accountant need the format "####,##" or "# ###,##", the first one is the preferred .

The only currency formats I'm aware of are listed here, which Blesta supports.

a lot of countries in the list has not yet a published format, i don't know why, but maybe to give him the ability to change the format as they want or they have a really custom format .

If the problem is the display in RTL HTML documents, what if we treat just the currency format as LTR? So instead of seeing "586,12$ 1" you will see it as "1 586,12$" even when the rest of the document is RTL. Would that work?

we can try this solution also.

but i insist to add option to allow custom format.

Custom formats can require custom logic to format them correctly in the system. We would prefer to have a known list of formats. It looks like there aren't that many formats, so we can add any others like "####,##".

It does look like the formatted currencies displayed in HTML should be set to LTR whether the document is RTL or not. I think that would be a nice addition since HTML documents cannot determine whether it should do it or not if the currency format has a space in it like "# ###,##".

• Tyson locked this topic