WHMCS Import has invalid amounts owing.

Dave

Question

Howdy,

I am testing out Blesta and ran the WHMCS Import process, but it appears invoices were imported incorrectly.

My WHMCS install is setup to use "Inclusive Tax", so that all prices are entered with tax included. Blesta seems to assume that tax is excluded.

The problem is now all the old invoices in Blesta are showing as owing a taxable amount on top of the amount already paid.

Is there any way I can fix this automagically?

Dave.

10 answers to this question

So the invoice totals are different between the original and what is in Blesta? Would it be safe to say that removing tax on all imported invoices would result in the correct balance? We'll have to look into this, but it may be possible to make a simple tweak to prevent taxes from being added during import.

I'm not sure removing the tax would be the correct course of action because that would potentially lead to broken reports at a later date. I still need to know how much tax was paid per invoice (and not all line items or customers are taxed).

In my WHMCS install the "Taxation Type" setting under /setup/payments/tax is set to "Inclusive Tax - prices are entered including tax"

I've attached screen shots of the same paid invoice from WHMCS and Blesta after importing
The Blesta import has taken the taxable item and added an additional 10% (AU GST Tax) as the taxable amount to the total, rather than respecting the "Inclusive Tax" option and calculating the tax as a portion of the line item.
This now means that Blesta is reporting the invoice as underpaid.

90Blesta.PNG

90WHMCS.PNG

9 hours ago, HoangLoc said:

new blesta 4.9.0 installation

The error seems to indicate a CSV import, were you trying only to import your clients and no other data like services, invoices, etc? Here's the docs for the CSV importer https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/CSV

Check your CSV file to make sure none of the required fields are missing for any of your clients.