considering Blesta instead of WHMCS

dorseycoe

Question

We currently use WHMCS and are considering using Blesta. We don't need to migrate any customers or services, just a fresh install. What we are interested in is how Blesta works with the things we are having trouble with using WHMCS. Specifically, we want to auto-provision Amazon Lightsail instances. We also need to sell domains and have registration and renewal happen automatically in the billing software. Lastly, I've had to redo the captcha on this form three times while composing these questions - that's crazy.  Also, I'm not allowed to use my email address for some reason but it doesn't tell me why... Blesta as a whole isn't crazy right?

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.16.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.15.43 PM.png

4 answers to this question

1) Lightsail doesn't have a module built already but it seems like something fairly easy to create a module for.  You could even potentially use the universal module to call some scripts that manage it for you.

2) Domains are okay on a small/cursory level.  The basics work (registration/renewal) but are a bit rough around the edges on the admin side of things.

3) The forum is just Invision Community, if you email address has issues that is strange but it doesn't really reflect much on Blesta as a piece of software.

That's weird regarding your email, I see you're registered with that currently. Maybe the IPBoard Spam service had an issue with the address, because the email/domain is NOT blocked internally by us. We do block a lot of free email domains, but not yours.

I'd like to build a Lightsail module, a few people have asked for it but it hasn't risen to the level of demand we need to move forward with it yet. Anyone want to sponsor?