Cron Not Running Since 3.0.5 Upgrade?

CraigA

Question

As the title says, cron hasn't been running since the upgrade. (or perhaps shortly before, not sure)

I've been running it manually.  I checked crontab as root and the cron string is in there.  I'm not sure where else to look to trouble shoot this.

Any ideas?

11 answers to this question

Blesta should be working fine then. Try editing your cron and instead of sending the output to /dev/null, ie > /dev/null direct it to a file.

Like > /path/to/file.txt (Make sure you create the file first)

Then, wait 5 minutes and see whats in the file. The most common problem thus far has been Ioncube not being loaded via CLI. This could be the issue here.

I ran it manually in cli and saw the output: Undefined variable: argv on line

I was able to fix it by following @Evaske's instructions here http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1226-cron-issues/?hl=cron

(enable register_argc_argv)

Nice find, I've turned that on now on my CloudLinux Customer server, @RebornWebs, you should be fine now Matthew :).

I ran it manually in cli and saw the output: Undefined variable: argv on line

I was able to fix it by following @Evaske's instructions here http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1226-cron-issues/?hl=cron

(enable register_argc_argv)

I have the same problem as referenced in the above quote, but the solution suplied in the link did not work for me. I can see via phpinfo that "register_argc_argv". But does not work...

Blesta should be working fine then. Try editing your cron and instead of sending the output to /dev/null, ie > /dev/null direct it to a file.

Like > /path/to/file.txt (Make sure you create the file first)

Then, wait 5 minutes and see whats in the file. The most common problem thus far has been Ioncube not being loaded via CLI. This could be the issue here.

Seeing the ioncube reference, I checked this too. It is also loaded...

Running the cron manually it works fine... any ideas?

SOLVED.

Thanks secforus and paul; "register_argc_argv".was set on my php file, and ioncube was installed on my server but the php.ini didn't have it running. It was fixed by adjusting the php.ini file correctly

No problem.

Some server setups will have PHP settings separate for web vs. console/CLI, so its always good to check both. ;)