Is mcrypt Still Required Beyond PHP 7.1

Jason Ryan

Question

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Blesta.Store said:

You should be fine on PHP 7.2 I use it I don't think it has Mcrypt I could be wrong though.

Guess I will wait to see what Paul says just to make sure. Mcrypt isn't bundled with PHP after 7.1 so you would have to do some workarounds just to install it. Don't want to go through the hassle of having to revert everything back if it doesn't work out.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jason Ryan said:

Guess I will wait to see what Paul says just to make sure. Mcrypt isn't bundled with PHP after 7.1 so you would have to do some workarounds just to install it. Don't want to go through the hassle of having to revert everything back if it doesn't work out.

Thanks.

No probs I haven't ran into any issues.

7 hours ago, Tyson said:

OpenSSL is the alternative and has been for some time, which is already a minimum requirement of Blesta.

It will be any impact if upgrading from php 5.6 to php 7.2? as i know mcrypt is used for encryption/decrypting data, and blesta use it in password and encrypted data hashing, when running php 5.6 and blesta use it it would be impossible to decrypt old data without it in 7.2, is this true?