Are Blesta urls relative?

sunrisepro

Question

11 answers to this question

2 hours ago, sunrisepro said:

Everything seems ok now - do I still need to put the original System key back? Or did it get updated when I changed the admin password?

YES! Your admin password is now using the new key, however ALL encryption in the database EXCEPT your admin password is now using the old key. You absolutely must restore your system key. After that you'll have to reset your admin password again, but you will be recovering all the other things that are encrypted.

If you've sold any services that use encryption, created any clients or admins since you changed your system key those will be broken after you restore your system key. If you don't restore your system key, everything else prior to that will be lost that's encrypted. We will be unable to provide any support whatsoever. If much has changed since you changed your system key, then I would highly recommend restoring from backup prior to your changing the system key. This is a very big deal. Critical!

OK - I backed up the db and files from the current install, which is in a subfolder.

The new install is going to  be a subdomain. I've done the following:

1. I made a new mysql db, noting the db name, username & pw.
  2. I imported the old, backed up db into the new db.
  3. I restored the backed up files to the new subdomain folder
  4. I went to config/blesta.php and updated the database name, username & password to point to the new DB (the host is still 'localhost').
  5. I created and set the same directories as writable based on the current Blesta install. However, the Root Web Directory is different and I can't edit that yet (because I can't login, see below).
  6. I'm not using Client Documents so I did not need to update that.

When I go to the new Blesta install url, all I get is a blank page with no source code. Not sure what I missed in the migration? I know I have to reissue my license but I would need to login to update the license anyway.

3 hours ago, sunrisepro said:

Scratch that - I think there was something up with the subdomain. I made a new subdomain, installed Blesta via Softaculous, restored my db & files (keeping the Softaculous config/blesta.php) and it works fine.

3 hours ago, sunrisepro said:

2 things:

1) where do I change the URL for the site? I had a login issue earlier and the Reset My Password url's domain was for the old install (the pw change worked when I substituted the new domain in the url).

2) How can I make the site load in https instead of http?

If you did a fresh install and then overwrote your database, you will have broke your installation. Having to reset your password is a sign that you did this wrong. Please note the big red IMPORTANT box in the documentation Tyson linked at https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Moving+Blesta

There is a very important System key in the config file that MUST match the original database. If you did a new install and overwrote your database you will have permanently and irrecoverably broken all encryption in Blesta. The fact you had to change your admin password is proof of this. Put your original System key back ASAP, or you will have to restore from backup.

14 hours ago, Paul said:

There is a very important System key in the config file that MUST match the original database. If you did a new install and overwrote your database you will have permanently and irrecoverably broken all encryption in Blesta. The fact you had to change your admin password is proof of this. Put your original System key back ASAP, or you will have to restore from backup.

Everything seems ok now - do I still need to put the original System key back? Or did it get updated when I changed the admin password?

22 hours ago, Paul said:

YES! Your admin password is now using the new key, however ALL encryption in the database EXCEPT your admin password is now using the old key. You absolutely must restore your system key. After that you'll have to reset your admin password again, but you will be recovering all the other things that are encrypted.

I put the old system key back but it did not prompt me to change the admin password. Would it, or is it something I should just do?