DirectAdmin activation email

qba82

Hi,

blesta create automatically password for new directadmin accounts, but when it use special characters like < then it don't send full password to user in activation email, for example:

blesta created new directadmin account with password: sdaf3<2f245b53

in activation email for user it will show password is: sdaf3

• 3 months later...

It sounds like the problem is that the email they receive is an HTML version, and the password contains a special HTML character, "<", which begins an HTML tag. The HTML renderer takes "<" and everything after until a closing ">" character to represent an HTML tag, and that is not shown as text to the user. If the user views the Text version of the email, however, they should see the password correctly.

If you want to resolve the password truncation issue in the HTML version of the email, the password itself should be escaped for HTML. To do so, you will have to update your email template. There is a tag in the email template that represents the password, like "{password}". Change that tag to "{password | escape}". Then, those special characters, like "<", will be displayed correctly and the entire password will be visible. Just set that for the HTML version of the email, not the text version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, qba82 said:

Yes I know, I checked without "| escape}" tag, in this case password is cut just before < > or &, but if I use "| escape}" tag, then it is not cut but it is showing &amp; instead & and &lt; instead <

Sorry, I had a typo in my last answer.  I meant to say that you don't want "| escape}" in the text version.  Is that the case?

• 3 months later...