Update package

Kurogane

Question

I want to update package module but i can't because says "one or more services already using this package".

I already cancel all services are linked with that packages and still give me that error not sure why says that.

Only i look wierd is in server module, says i have xx/100 accounts, how is possible i have xx account if i cancel all accounts? where is getting that number? is possible because says "i have accounts" (which not) not let me update packages.

What is the logic not let me change module.

4 answers to this question

Canceled services count toward the package check. The count on the module isn't relevant for that.

Packages aren't really meant to have the module be changed unless it has no services. Changing the module on a package adversely affects the services, and in the future when services can be uncanceled that will be a problem.

If you want to change the module on a package, I would recommend instead marking the package inactive and creating a new package using the new module.

Ok, i create a new package to avoid errors.

But i have a problem to move services.

This is what i have done.

1. rename service_fields
  2. update module_row_id

But still pointing to old services, when i go in admin area services --> "manage" --> Service Information --> server. I still see old group name of module so i don't know why.

What i do wrong? services_fields and module_row_id i know is right, but even if not right always pointing old services not matter what change i made.

9 hours ago, Kurogane said:

Ok, i create a new package to avoid errors.

But i have a problem to move services.

This is what i have done.

1. rename service_fields
  2. update module_row_id

But still pointing to old services, when i go in admin area services --> "manage" --> Service Information --> server. I still see old group name of module so i don't know why.

What i do wrong? services_fields and module_row_id i know is right, but even if not right always pointing old services not matter what change i made.

You created a new package, and are now trying to modify existing services to change the module_row_id associated with them in the database? This isn't recommended, any custom service fields the module would normally create will not exist if the module is changing. If the service has been cancelled and the package module needs to change, I would mark the package as inactive and create a new package as Tyson mentioned. No reason I can see to change the package associated with a cancelled service.

What are you trying to accomplish?

7 hours ago, Paul said:

You created a new package, and are now trying to modify existing services to change the module_row_id associated with them in the database? This isn't recommended, any custom service fields the module would normally create will not exist if the module is changing. If the service has been cancelled and the package module needs to change, I would mark the package as inactive and create a new package as Tyson mentioned. No reason I can see to change the package associated with a cancelled service.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Move service to another new package?