Issues with blesta

kikloo

Question

Bletsa is giving me hard time, I feel now that its a generic billing system and not a dedicated web hosting selling system.

1. The package page in admin alone gives me the creeps. I have 3-4 package groups and the package page cannot display packages by package group, its so simple to do but despite being on v4.7.2 the package page is just a plain simple list and all the packages are coming mixed with each other which looks so awful.

2. Secondly, in the order form while adding the domain name, the default currency is set to INR, but the domains I am selling in USD, though blesta is converting USD to INR fine for registration, the Renews At price is coming in INR. For example: I am selling .com for $11, blesta is converting and showing it as INR 788 (renews @ 11.00 INR) its showing renewal price as default currency.

3. I do not get any cron email like WHMCS sends with summary as to what all has been done, if something failed (like termination failed etc.) I don't get any email at all. A summary should be sent.

4. Over the time I had created several packages which are now becoming duplicate, I have no option to delete them coz they are still linked to expired services. I am forced to restrict them or hide them. I cannot get rid of them. There should be some tool to delete or somehow mitigate these tiny issues. It helps to keep the overall system clean.

5. I had sometime back offered hosting ranging from 1 year to 3 years and created appropriate prices in blesta for related packages. But after cPanel pricing fiasco the 3 year was not viable and I wanted to get rid of it but i am not, I cannot delete them, I cannot easily change them without getting into phpMyAdmin. There should be a tool, select package, select old pricing, select new pricing and update and it should update all the services, so the old / useless pricings can be deleted.

6. VERY IMPORTANT: Services get terminated, but invoices stay, client pays invoices gets completed, but service does'nt becomes active and stays cancelled, I have to login to phpMyAdmin to manually set status to Active for the cancelled service. When invoice is paid why the service is not re-activated ????

Please fix this ASAP. Its so unproductive to use blesta.

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

5 hours ago, kikloo said:

1. The package page in admin alone gives me the creeps. I have 3-4 package groups and the package page cannot display packages by package group, its so simple to do but despite being on v4.7.2 the package page is just a plain simple list and all the packages are coming mixed with each other which looks so awful.

Under Packages > Package Groups you can click a group row to expand and show all packages within the group. Sounds like this is the view you want to see? If you have any specific suggestions on how to display packages instead, let us know.

2. Secondly, in the order form while adding the domain name, the default currency is set to INR, but the domains I am selling in USD, though blesta is converting USD to INR fine for registration, the Renews At price is coming in INR. For example: I am selling .com for $11, blesta is converting and showing it as INR 788 (renews @ 11.00 INR) its showing renewal price as default currency.

This is fixed in https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3307 for 4.7.2 and 4.8.0

3. I do not get any cron email like WHMCS sends with summary as to what all has been done, if something failed (like termination failed etc.) I don't get any email at all. A summary should be sent.

Do you have an example of that email? What is included in this summary email and how often is it sent? Who is it sent to?

4. Over the time I had created several packages which are now becoming duplicate, I have no option to delete them coz they are still linked to expired services. I am forced to restrict them or hide them. I cannot get rid of them. There should be some tool to delete or somehow mitigate these tiny issues. It helps to keep the overall system clean.

We recommend marking any packages that are no longer in use as "inactive". We may allow linked packages to be deleted in the future, right now having a cancelled service linked to a non-existing package would be untidy in the database.

5. I had sometime back offered hosting ranging from 1 year to 3 years and created appropriate prices in blesta for related packages. But after cPanel pricing fiasco the 3 year was not viable and I wanted to get rid of it but i am not, I cannot delete them, I cannot easily change them without getting into phpMyAdmin. There should be a tool, select package, select old pricing, select new pricing and update and it should update all the services, so the old / useless pricings can be deleted.

Thanks for the feedback. If you update services that are currently using the price option to use a different price option upon renewal, the price will be able to be deleted.

6. VERY IMPORTANT: Services get terminated, but invoices stay, client pays invoices gets completed, but service does'nt becomes active and stays cancelled, I have to login to phpMyAdmin to manually set status to Active for the cancelled service. When invoice is paid why the service is not re-activated ????

Under Settings > Company > Billing/Payment (check also client group which can override): Void Open Invoices on Service Cancellation Then check the number of days an invoice can be past due to void the invoice. This will cause the invoice to be voided and the customer will not be able to pay it. Whether a service could technically be re-activated once it's cancelled really depends on the module. If a cPanel account were cancelled, re-activating would require a new account to be created. This may be what is intended, or it may not. The ability to re-activate a cancelled service is something we will likely be adding, but there is some concern about how to approach this, whether to activate through the module or simply change the status back to active in Blesta.

Hi,

Thanks for the answers, please check my replies per point basis.

1. Status of the package is not coming in package groups
1a. All the heads should also display in the package groups like they do in the browse package page.

3. I don't have it anymore as I don't have WHMCS. I am sure someone would be able to share it.

4. There should be a tool to change package, WHMCS has it, it easily allows you to do mass changes, like changing prices or packages etc.

5. That is the problem, how can I find that out and won't it be too cumbersome to change pricing one by one ? Instead WHMCS offers a simple tool in which you change do a mass change by selecting old pricing and new pricing and press button and all the services that are using old pricing will be changed to new pricing. Very simple tool that can be made in minutes I believ but it makes life easier so much. You should concentrate of providing such features. They're simple and easy to implement.

6. Its already checked and set to 0 but somehow the invoices are not getting auto void.

I hope you implement these asap, as they're much needed. No one is going to change records one by one when a single query can do but its best not to go in phpMyAdmin again and again for little things like these.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, kikloo said:

1. Status of the package is not coming in package groups
1a. All the heads should also display in the package groups like they do in the browse package page.

To confirm, under Packages > Package Groups, when clicking on the group and it expands to show the Member Packages, only the Package Name is shown. You want to see the Module and Quantity also?

4. There should be a tool to change package, WHMCS has it, it easily allows you to do mass changes, like changing prices or packages etc.

5. That is the problem, how can I find that out and won't it be too cumbersome to change pricing one by one ? Instead WHMCS offers a simple tool in which you change do a mass change by selecting old pricing and new pricing and press button and all the services that are using old pricing will be changed to new pricing. Very simple tool that can be made in minutes I believ but it makes life easier so much. You should concentrate of providing such features. They're simple and easy to implement.

I'll look into that, thanks for the suggestion.

6. Its already checked and set to 0 but somehow the invoices are not getting auto void.

This is the number of days after an invoice was already due and the service is cancelled to void the invoice. 0 means that the invoice can't be past due. I would recommend selecting a higher number, like 30 days, but you should base this on your settings for suspending & cancelling services automatically. If unpaid services get cancelled 21 days after the invoice is past due, then you should set this to 22 days or more.

Hi,

Need another feature to keep blesta neat and clean, I want to know the users/clients who have not logged in for last xx days. So I can search who has not logged in  / ordered for in the last 3 years, it means they have left us and not coming back and I would like to delete their data. It will help keep the database small in size and there are other benefits also for the same. Can this be done ?

Thanks.

On 12/5/2019 at 2:48 AM, kikloo said:

Need another feature to keep blesta neat and clean, I want to know the users/clients who have not logged in for last xx days. So I can search who has not logged in  / ordered for in the last 3 years, it means they have left us and not coming back and I would like to delete their data. It will help keep the database small in size and there are other benefits also for the same. Can this be done ?

Check out custom reports under Billing > Reports.  You can see the docs here: https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Generating+Reports.  The following query would give you something like what you want if you have a 'cutoff' field in your report:

SELECT `contacts`.* FROM `clients` LEFT JOIN `log_users` ON `log_users`.`user_id` = `clients`.`user_id` AND `log_users`.`date_updated` > :cutoff INNER JOIN `contacts` ON `contacts`.`client_id` = `clients`.`id` AND `contacts`.`contact_type` = 'primary' WHERE `log_users`.`id` IS NULL