Invoices are not being sent ??

PPHosting

Question

Hi,

So no invoices are being sent out.  I go in and modify the invoice and check the box for deliver by email, modify email and nothing.  I have manually ran the cron to force the delivery and still nothing. 

I also saw the option to deliver the invoices to a different email address within the services area and have tried changing email address from gmail to something else.  Nothing seems to be working.

When I go to a client and send them an email using the option in the left hand menu the email is delivered perfectly.  So the email delivery system is working, but none of my customers are getting invoices.  

Please advise?

Thank you

4 answers to this question

Check your Blesta logs in the /logs_blesta/ directory (defined under Settings > System > General) to see if any errors are written to disk when the email is attempted to be sent. Also double-check your email template to ensure all of the tags used are correct, as malformed tag syntax can cause the email to be unparsable and fail to send.

Hi,

Using PHP option for mail settings and this was the error in the log.

[2019-12-14 00:13:03] general.NOTICE: E_USER_DEPRECATED: The Swift_Transport_MailTransport class is deprecated since version 5.4.5 and will be removed in 6.0. Use the Sendmail or SMTP transport instead. {"code":16384,"message":"The Swift_Transport_MailTransport class is deprecated since version 5.4.5 and will be removed in 6.0. Use the Sendmail or SMTP transport instead.","file":"/home/pphost/clients.puzzlepiecehosting.com/vendors/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/MailTransport.php","line":45} 

Neither of those warnings/notices are an issue, nor are they related to the issue you're having.

Since you can deliver the invoice manually from the client profile page, the problem is likely with the cron. Have you double-checked that the automation task to deliver invoices is enabled and running (Settings > Automation > "Deliver Invoices" task)?

When you run the cron manually from within Blesta, do you see any text indicating that the Deliver Invoices task was run? There should be some text indicating success or error with delivery. You can view the cron logs for the Deliver Invoices task to see these details (Tools > Logs > Cron tab).