DirectAdmin usernames duplicated, service creation fails ...

Alento

Same exact issue as:

Except replace 'Vesta' with Direct Admin.

Here are the logs from Blesta:

image.thumb.png.d2a0b6a8c4b3908ee3b0eaa863113396.png

I was told that I should give a description of the error and how to duplicate it.

The error is that the server already has a domain name similar to the one being added, and then when adding another it fails.  ex. anydomain.site is already on the server with the account name (anydomai).  So adding anydomain.website fails as you can see in the image of the logs.  As for how to duplicate, that should be obvious from the description of the error.

This is Blesta Installed Version 4.7.1 running on shared hosting.

Edited by Alento
Add Blesta version

Never assume that steps to duplicate are obvious.  I can think of 4 different methods of provisioning a service in Blesta off the top of my head, and issues like these may affect only one method.  Are you using the order form?  Are you creating it through the admin interface?  Is it being provisioned immediately or later by the cron?  If you are creating it through the admin interface are you entering a username or leaving it empty so that the module will generate it automatically?

18 minutes ago, Jono said:

Never assume that steps to duplicate are obvious.  I can think of 4 different methods of provisioning a service in Blesta off the top of my head, and issues like these may affect only one method.  Are you using the order form?  Are you creating it through the admin interface?  Is it being provisioned immediately or later by the cron?  If you are creating it through the admin interface are you entering a username or leaving it empty so that the module will generate it automatically?

Are you using the order form? 

Yes.

Is it being provisioned immediately or later by the cron?

You tell me.  Everything I read in the limited documentation says that Blesta creates services when it runs a cron job every 5 minutes, so I will assume the cron.  But I can't tell you, other than when I went to check in the logs it was already attempted, and failed.

If you are creating it through the admin interface are you entering a username or leaving it empty so that the module will generate it automatically?

Not applicable, as I am expecting the module to do it's job.  The domain name is entered on the order form by the client.  You can see what happens in the log.

Cool :)  The fact that you are using the order form does narrow things down quick a bit since that means the service will only be provisioned by the cron (if an admin creates an active service through the admin interface then the service is immediately provisioned, the cron only provisions pending services with paid invoices).

I wasn't able to immediately recreate the issue, it seems to properly recognize that the username is used and select a new one.  That being said you clearly are getting an error so I'll keep poking around.

One thought I had is that the username is determined when the order is placed, but the account is not created till the cron runs.  Is it possible that the username is being taken in the time between the order being placed and the cron running (doesn't seem likely but I figured I'd ask)

One thought I had is that the username is determined when the order is placed, but the account is not created till the cron runs.  Is it possible that the username is being taken in the time between the order being placed and the cron running (doesn't seem likely but I figured I'd ask)

Nah.  The server's domain is anydomain.site (anydomai).  I initially tried using Blesta to add anydomain.top and that failed a month or so ago so I manually provisioned it as (anydoma2).  Now today in response to a chat with Paul on Discord I am attempting anydomain.website. 

I just tried another test with a different yet similar domain ... same issue.  On this one the module did not try to provision (as the invoice was unpaid) so I attempted provisioning. 

image.thumb.png.cf52d8e01dc6f1ed9fcc07ac79d9e983.png

I also notice that the cron job is running and failing every 5 minutes from my first attempt.  How do I make it stop?

Hmm, well I have been unable to reproduce this.  But if it does happen again you should be able to go into the admin interface and find the pending service, then click to manage it.  Then empty whatever value is in the username field and activate it.  That should generate a new username and provision fine.

• Tyson locked this topic