Client Documents Upload Error

Qurius

Question

Hello - 

I did some searching but couldn't find any answers about the clients documents plugin. Could someone point me in the right direction on why I'm getting a "File could not be written" error when trying to upload a document to a client from  "Account Actions->Documents.  The file is a pdf and is 468KB.  Everything is checked and writable in "Settings->System>General->Basic Setup" but not sure what the path is for the client uploads to check permissions.

Thanks for the help

Blesta 4.7.2

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Qurius said:

Hello - 

I did some searching but couldn't find any answers about the clients documents plugin. Could someone point me in the right direction on why I'm getting a "File could not be written" error when trying to upload a document to a client from  "Account Actions->Documents.  The file is a pdf and is 468KB.  Everything is checked and writable in "Settings->System>General->Basic Setup" but not sure what the path is for the client uploads to check permissions.

Thanks for the help

Blesta 4.7.2

Is your uploads directory defined and writable under Settings > System > General? What are the contents of your uploads directory? It should contain a "1" directory, and that directory should contain some others, one of which is for the download manager. They should be writable by your web server.

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

Is your uploads directory defined and writable under Settings > System > General? What are the contents of your uploads directory? It should contain a "1" directory, and that directory should contain some others, one of which is for the download manager. They should be writable by your web server.

The directories under the "1" directory are "client_documents" "invoices" and "support_manager_files" . Which of those should the "Uploads Directory" be pointing to in "Settings>System>General" ?

34 minutes ago, Qurius said:

The directories under the "1" directory are "client_documents" "invoices" and "support_manager_files" . Which of those should the "Uploads Directory" be pointing to in "Settings>System>General" ?

Uploads directory should be the parent directory of the 1 directory. Path is to uploads. Files should be written to the client_documents directory automatically. If they can't be written, and the directory exists, and the path is defined correctly in the settings, then it's likely an ownership or permissions issue.

10 minutes ago, Qurius said:

Ok I see what the issue was. I have two companies and one of them was missing the "client_documents" directory under /uploads/1/. After manually adding that the client uploads are now working.

Thanks Paul for your help.

Great! Just FYI, the number 1 indicates company ID 1. So a 2nd company would have a directory named 2, third a 3, etc. I assume that's how you have things set, but since you didn't say it was missing from /uploads/2/ I thought it was worth mentioning. You wouldn't have 2 client_documents directories under /uploads/1/.