How to disable attachment upload feature in support ticket.

adk

Question

3 answers to this question

13 hours ago, adk said:

Can you give me more detail instruction on this. I am not a coder.

This may not be complete, I have not tested it, but in v4.11.1 under /plugins/support_manager_views/default/client_tickets_reply.pdt and client_tickets_add.pdt you could comment out the code that is responsible for the upload feature. Backup the files first and be sure to test.

In client_tickets_reply.pdt comment out (starting at line 57):

<div class="form-group">
                    <?php
                    $this->Form->label($this->_('ClientTickets.reply.field_attachments', true), 'attachment[]');
                    ?>
                    <div class="dz-message"><i class="fa fa-upload"></i> <?php $this->_('ClientTickets.reply.dropzone_drop_files_here');?></div>
                    <div class="fallback">
                        <div id="file_attachment">
                            <?php
                            $this->Form->fieldFile('attachment[]', ['class' => 'martop5']);
                            ?>
                        </div>
                        <a href="#" id="add_attachment_field"><i class="fa fa-plus-circle"></i> <?php $this->_('ClientTickets.reply.text_add_attachment');?></a>
                    </div>
                    <div class="dropzone-previews"></div>
                </div>

In client_tickets_add.pdt comment out (starting at line 50):

<div class="form-group">
                <?php
                $this->Form->label($this->_('ClientTickets.add.field_attachments', true), 'attachment[]');
                ?>
                <div class="dz-message"><i class="fa fa-upload"></i> <?php $this->_('ClientTickets.add.dropzone_drop_files_here');?></div>
                <div class="fallback">
                    <div id="file_attachment">
                        <?php
                        $this->Form->fieldFile('attachment[]', ['class' => 'martop5']);
                        ?>
                    </div>
                    <a id="add_attachment_field" href="#"><i class="fa fa-plus-circle"></i> <?php $this->_('ClientTickets.add.text_add_attachment');?></a>
                </div>
                <div class="dropzone-previews"></div>
            </div>

Again, I have not tested this. Backup your files, comment out that code with /* at the start, and */ at the end and test test test. Any issues, revert.

Note! This is only intended to remove the attachment feature for clients, staff will still have it.