Staging/Dev Site and licensing?

Ann Smith

Question

I'm currently trialing Blesta and so far so good so will be looking at purchasing a license.  Having said that being still new to this product I'm a bit worried about taking this live while I'm also still learning the ropes and obviously don't want to impact the functionality of a live instance, I'm sure I'm not the only person who would be needing a staging site where I can test things out while also having my production install.  What's the solution for this that people use, is there another type of license allowing for this, can a license be used on 2 sites?

Sorry if this has been asked already as I assume it would be but I can't quite find the answer.

Thanks,

Ann Smith.

4 answers to this question

On 2/15/2020 at 5:50 AM, Ann Smith said:

I'm currently trialing Blesta and so far so good so will be looking at purchasing a license.  Having said that being still new to this product I'm a bit worried about taking this live while I'm also still learning the ropes and obviously don't want to impact the functionality of a live instance, I'm sure I'm not the only person who would be needing a staging site where I can test things out while also having my production install.  What's the solution for this that people use, is there another type of license allowing for this, can a license be used on 2 sites?

Sorry if this has been asked already as I assume it would be but I can't quite find the answer.

Thanks,

Ann Smith.

blesta has addon company

so with a little extra you may run it with 2 sites

or may be keep the billing on one ip and both the sites somewhere else

I don't recommend testing on a live environment. An additional company in Blesta wouldn't suffice for this purpose.

If you have an owned license with us, open a ticket from your account and request a development license. You can use a development license elsewhere for testing purposes on a non-production server.