Proxmox Module

Tyson

Attached is the Proxmox module for Blesta. Special thanks to Alex at Full Ambit Networks for creating the module and giving us rights to it. We'll be officially including it in v3.1 of Blesta.

For now, we'll be considering it a beta module, and would appreciate any feedback you can provide.

You can upload the contents of the attached zip to your Blesta installation directory, and then head into Blesta's admin interface to install the module under [settings] -> [Modules] -> [Available].

proxmox.zip

Attached is the Proxmox module for Blesta. Special thanks to Alex at Full Ambit Networks for creating the module and giving us rights to it. We'll be officially including it in v3.1 of Blesta.

For now, we'll be considering it a beta module, and would appreciate any feedback you can provide.

You can upload the contents of the attached zip to your Blesta installation directory, and then head into Blesta's admin interface to install the module under [settings] -> [Modules] -> [Available].

Awesome!!

Special thanks to Alex at Full Ambit Networks for creating the module and giving us rights to it. We'll be officially including it in v3.1 of Blesta.

If we write stuff that helps out a lot is it possible that you guys would merge it upstream? For example the bootstrap conversion I'm working on. I'm probably going to sell it as a theme but I would prefer to give it to you guys and it be part of stock Blesta..?

If we write stuff that helps out a lot is it possible that you guys would merge it upstream? For example the bootstrap conversion I'm working on. I'm probably going to sell it as a theme but I would prefer to give it to you guys and it be part of stock Blesta..?

It's possible yes, but probably not likely for your bootstrap conversion. We're planning to do this ourselves for 3.2 and it's likely we'll go a slightly different direction than you have.

I've avoided Proxmox for a long time because it doesn't mention OpenVZ support anywhere on their frontpage...it specifically says KVM...lol.  Guess I'll actually have to give it a look now (I like to use both for different things)

Actually, I have the impression that OpenVZ is better supported than KVM. However, both do work and both are supported by the module to the best of the API's ability.

GoGetSSL and TheSSLStore modules are coming soon as well.

yes, yes...but it still doesn't mention OpenVZ at all on their main page...if something doesn't mention what I'm looking for (specially a main feature like that) on the front page...I don't always see much reason to dig any further...

And since their main page specifically states KVM but not OpenVZ...it was a pretty logical decision for me to just move along :D

yes, yes...but it still doesn't mention OpenVZ at all on their main page...if something doesn't mention what I'm looking for (specially a main feature like that) on the front page...I don't always see much reason to dig any further...

And since their main page specifically states KVM but not OpenVZ...it was a pretty logical decision for me to just move along :D

OpenVZ is container based virtualization which is stated more than once across most of there site.

I'm testing Blesta for the first time - so bear with me.

I must be doing something wrong:

I configured the Proxmox module. After that I wanted to create a "Package". The list of "Assigned Nodes" and "Available Nodes" are empty.

How do I create a "Node"?

You setup nodes in your Proxmox account, then they will be available via the API, and selectable when you create a package in Blesta.

I'm testing Blesta for the first time - so bear with me.

I must be doing something wrong:

I configured the Proxmox module. After that I wanted to create a "Package". The list of "Assigned Nodes" and "Available Nodes" are empty.

How do I create a "Node"?

Don't worry, I've the same issue. :P

You setup nodes in your Proxmox account, then they will be available via the API, and selectable when you create a package in Blesta.

Well, i've a node in my node list (Proxmox).

But the node list (Blesta) is empty.

Is the node assigned to the correct type (KVM or OpenVZ)? If that's correct and it still doesn't appear, then it must not be able to connect via the API to fetch that information. Double-check your module details are correct. For example, if your username is "root", you may need to include the realm in your username field, e.g. "root@pam". Make sure there there isn't a firewall blocking communication either.