Proxmox Module

Tyson

Anyone know what I've done wrong? I've setup the module as described but when I go to activate an order I just get a red bar comes up that is blank?

http://screencast.com/t/aYAae2cQTm

I've tried this with two proxmox servers now and as you can see the templates are appearing and the nodes come up fine?

Thanks

Mark

Check your module log under [Tools] -> [Logs]. There is probably an error mentioned in one of the responses being from Proxmox that would help identify what's going on.

However, the empty red box looks like a language definition for an error that is not being displayed for some reason. That, or the response from Proxmox is nothing, and that is why the box is empty. You may want to confirm all of your Proxmox credentials are correct.

Check your module log under [Tools] -> [Logs]. There is probably an error mentioned in one of the responses being from Proxmox that would help identify what's going on.

However, the empty red box looks like a language definition for an error that is not being displayed for some reason. That, or the response from Proxmox is nothing, and that is why the box is empty. You may want to confirm all of your Proxmox credentials are correct.

Same issue here. The user/pool is created. But not the CT.

Found out default template didn't have the right path.

Error was:

proxmox.hostname.com

{"data":null}

Please excuse my ignorance but under tools-logs there is only this listed: http://screencast.com/t/Is4RjSfosiP

If you click on any of them then it just takes you to the proxmox servers configuration. Looking at proxmox's own logs, I can see whenever I try and create the package it says successful login for root@pam so it can communicate perfectly fine?

Believe me, I'm not trying to slag this module off, I'm very grateful for the creation of it :)

Couple of issues:

The command to start the server is sent before the container has finished creating: http://screencast.com/t/yi0CztRA8be  This is on a Dual Hex Core machine with a SSD so it should not be slow!!

Also, I can't see the command to use in the template to give the client the IP and it does not get listed in their client area?

I don't like the way that on the console tab, it give VNC login details with the username root@pam?

The graphs don't seem to update in the client area (although in the admin area it shows ram usage, this doesn't show for the client?) Edit: The client login was using Internet Explorer and with a Manual refresh the graphs are now updating

Thanks for the creation.

Mark

Edited by markrandall

It would be best to create a new thread for issues related to the module.

A few commands that are issued need to be done sequentially, however, whether or not they execute that way is dependent on how quickly Proxmox handles them, and we don't know when that will happen. So it's more of a 'best effort' policy. Starting the server can still be done through the interface, though.

Is there a possibility to set the swap size? (It's 256mb at the moment)

And it would be nice, when we could add a number of IPv6 per container/package.

For example: a package with 256mb ram, 128mb swap, 1-2 IPs and 10 IPv6 or whatever.

Auto boot after a reinstall would also be nice. :)

I don't like the way that on the console tab, it give VNC login details with the username root@pam?

Yep, I feel with you.

But you can turn it off until it's "fixed".

/components/modules/proxmox/proxmox.php

public function getClientTabs($package) {
                return array(
                        'tabClientActions' => Language::_("Proxmox.tab_actions", true),
                        'tabClientStats' => Language::_("Proxmox.tab_stats", true),
                        /*'tabClientConsole' => Language::_("Proxmox.tab_console", true),*/
                );
        }

I see one challenge when offering hosting with proxmox using KVM machines:

The customer can change his IP address and use one that is assigned to someone else. This causes network problems and security issues.

Is there something blesta can do to prevent this? From what I know this has to be solved on the promox side but maybe blesta can apply some rules on proxmox?

I see one challenge when offering hosting with proxmox using KVM machines:

The customer can change his IP address and use one that is assigned to someone else. This causes network problems and security issues.

Is there something blesta can do to prevent this? From what I know this has to be solved on the promox side but maybe blesta can apply some rules on proxmox?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing we can do about this. It's an issue, as far as I can tell, with SolusVM also.. I can add whatever IPs I want to the server, even if they are not assigned in SolusVM to that VM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would be nice to see noVNC integrated for console access.

http://kanaka.github.io/noVNC/

It looks like the licensing is friendly, and to be honest I have been looking for an HTML5 VNC client we could use. CORE-924

Is there a possibility to set the swap size? (It's 256mb at the moment)

And it would be nice, when we could add a number of IPv6 per container/package.

For example: a package with 256mb ram, 128mb swap, 1-2 IPs and 10 IPv6 or whatever.

Auto boot after a reinstall would also be nice. :)

Do you want the swap size set on the package level where the storage, ram, and other options are set?

Some of these options, like the number of IP addresses may be best offered as configurable options so that you can charge more for them.

It looks like the licensing is friendly, and to be honest I have been looking for an HTML5 VNC client we could use. CORE-924

Do you want the swap size set on the package level where the storage, ram, and other options are set?

Some of these options, like the number of IP addresses may be best offered as configurable options so that you can charge more for them.

That was the plan, yes. I want to sell low bugdet VPS with IPv6 and IPv4 NAT (without a dedicated IPv4)

But the Swap is a fixed value for example. It would be perfect if we could add an IPv6-Block (/64, /48,..) to set x IPs per package.

I like Proxmox. I went with SolusVM because I needed something that worked with Blesta.

Its nice to see that a Proxmox module is coming.

I personally would like to see Blesta speak libvirt instead and directly interact with the servers. There is a php-libvirt module out on the interwebs. Honestly I dont think it would be too much work to get one together and working.

• 2 months later...

I am test the Proxmox module with blesta. It works pretty well untill I found this problem. After a user purchase a VM, in their account there is a link to console. However, when I click on that "console" link, it did not give any console but instead it display my VPS Node username(root) and an encrypted password for my root user.  Why is that?

• 2 weeks later...

We tested the VNC login option of the module and figured that it is barely usable. It's not working with most VNC viewers, there seems to be a small time frame the user has to connect after clicking on "Console" tab, if the wrong credentials are supplied on first connect the console tab has to be left and reopened. All in all it makes it a REALLY bad experience.

In comment #39 Paul said the following to implementing noVNC

Is there any ETA for this? It seems to be very important to make Proxmox work properly with Blesta.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...