Trying to Pull Client Phone Number Locally

Michael K

Question

Hey there, guys!

I'm almost finished integrating Blesta with Intercom, but something is holding me from the finish line. I'm trying to retrieve a client phone number so that I can push it to Intercom and then my phone system can create logs in Intercom based on that phone number. Problem is, I'm not very familiar with APIs or anything, so this one's been bugging me. What's going to be the easiest way to retrieve this information? Keep in mind that I'm not trying to retrieve it remotely, so I'm just doing it from within Blesta itself and implementing the actual code into my Intercom JavaScript widget code.

If anyone could help, that'd be awesome! Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

I should have also mentioned I need it to be formatted into a normal variable, it'll be implemented like this:

<script>
  window.intercomSettings = {
    app_id: "app_id",
    phone: "<?php echo $verify_phone; ?>",
    name: "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->first_name, true) . ' ' . $this->Html->_($contact->last_name, true);?>",
    email: "<?php echo $verify_email; ?>", // Email address
    user_hash: "<?php echo $email_sig; ?>" // HMAC using SHA-256
  };
</script>

Hi there,

I use this on Crisp back in the day.

<script type="text/javascript">
            window.$crisp=[];window.CRISP_WEBSITE_ID="ID_HERE";(function(){d=document;s=d.createElement("script");s.src="https://client.crisp.chat/l.js";s.async=1;d.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(s);})();
            window.CRISP_READY_TRIGGER = function() {
              if ($crisp.is("chat:opened") === true) {
                    $crisp.push(["set", "session:segments", [["BlestaStore"]]]);
                    <?php if($this->Html->ifSet($logged_in)){ ?>
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:nickname", "<?php echo $contact->first_name;echo ' '; echo $contact->last_name; ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:email", "<?php echo $contact->email; ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:company", "<?php echo $contact->company; ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:address1", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->address1); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:address2", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->address2); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "session:data", ["ipaddress", "<?php echo $ipaddress; ?>"]]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:country", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->country); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:city", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->city); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:state", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->state); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:postcode", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->zip); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:id", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($client->id_code); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:phonenumber", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->numbers); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "user:role", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->title); ?>"]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "session:data", ["created", "<?php echo strtotime($client->date_added); ?>"]]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "session:data", ["company", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->company); ?>"]]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "session:data", ["contact_type", "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->contact_type); ?>"]]);
                    $crisp.push(["set", "session:data", ["date added", "<?php echo $client_created; ?>"]]);
                    <?php } ?>

}
            };
        </script>

Yea, so you would load the Contacts model inside your controller.  You said you want this to be passed to structure.pdt?  I assume this is for client interface?  You can update client_controller.php in the preAction() and load the contacts controller:

$this->uses(['Contacts']);

Then set the numbers to the structure:

$this->structure->set('contact_numbers', $this->Contacts->getNumbers($this->client->contact_id));

That will make the $contact_numbers variable available to app/views/client/bootstrap/structure.pdt

X) How are you outputting it?  $contact_numbers is an array of objects.  I guess in your case you are looking for a particular number so maybe just grab the first one

<?php
$verify_phone = $this->Html->ifSet($contact_numbers[0]->number);
?>
<script>
  window.intercomSettings = {
    app_id: "app_id",
    phone: "<?php echo $verify_phone; ?>",
    name: "<?php echo $this->Html->_($contact->first_name, true) . ' ' . $this->Html->_($contact->last_name, true);?>",
    email: "<?php echo $verify_email; ?>", // Email address
    user_hash: "<?php echo $email_sig; ?>" // HMAC using SHA-256
  };
</script>

You may also want to submit the $type argument to Contacts::getNumbers() to get only 'phone' type numbers.