Directadmin > Blesta doesn't appear to be working?

Jstuts5797

Question

Hello, first off I'm VERY VERY new to this so please be gentle, lol.  I have the latest version of directadmin and the latest version of Blesta.  I added the directadmin module to Blesta and set that up there and clicked to save the settings... All appeared to be well.  However when I create a new hosting package in directadmin, nothing shows up in Blesta. It's totally possible I"ve set something up wrong, and its also totally possible I'm not creating hosting packages right in directadmin either, but I have no idea where to look for a error log or anything to point me in the right direction as to what is going wrong.  If anyone could help that would be AMAZING!  Thanks so much in advance!  P.S. I've read some of the other topics on this, but with being new to this all, not a lot really made much sense.

3 answers to this question

On 3/13/2020 at 9:25 PM, Jstuts5797 said:

Hello, first off I'm VERY VERY new to this so please be gentle, lol.  I have the latest version of directadmin and the latest version of Blesta.  I added the directadmin module to Blesta and set that up there and clicked to save the settings... All appeared to be well.  However when I create a new hosting package in directadmin, nothing shows up in Blesta. It's totally possible I"ve set something up wrong, and its also totally possible I'm not creating hosting packages right in directadmin either, but I have no idea where to look for a error log or anything to point me in the right direction as to what is going wrong.  If anyone could help that would be AMAZING!  Thanks so much in advance!  P.S. I've read some of the other topics on this, but with being new to this all, not a lot really made much sense.

You need to use Blesta to create your DirectAdmin hosting accounts. Blesta will provision them, no need to do it manually through DirectAdmin any longer. Here's the docs for DA https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/DirectAdmin

If you are provisioning from Blesta and getting an error, check the module log under Tools > Logs. Click a record to expand it and show the raw input/output.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:14 AM, Paul said:

You need to use Blesta to create your DirectAdmin hosting accounts. Blesta will provision them, no need to do it manually through DirectAdmin any longer. Here's the docs for DA https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/DirectAdmin

If you are provisioning from Blesta and getting an error, check the module log under Tools > Logs. Click a record to expand it and show the raw input/output.

This is the answer I'm mostly looking for. However when I create a package in Blesta it tells me I need to assign an IP... however no IP addresses are listed in drop down so I can't create a package. EDIT: It also tells me I need to select a DirectAdmin package..... which has me totally confused if I'm making the packages here in Blesta.

You should have a package in your DirectAdmin account that you assign to a package in Blesta. An IP address for the DA server should also be available. If you see no options in either of those drop-downs I suspect that Blesta cannot communicate with DA correctly. You may want to take another look at your credentials under Settings > Company > Modules > DirectAdmin > (Manage) > (Edit). If you're sure your credentials are correct, check your Blesta logs for more details under Tools > (Modoules). Click the most recent log entry for DirectAdmin to see the raw input/output. There may be an error there that can point to the issue.