Newbie - I am completely lost

Jstuts5797

Question

Ok so some of you may have noticed my random questions throughout the forums here. It seems as though I'm very very confused by what Blesta is actually meant for.  I have my blesta installed so that when you go to my website, blesta is what loads. I THOUGHT Blesta would create a landing page of sorts where customers could view my packages, order, sign up, ect.. but it seems this is not what Blesta is for?  Is there a easy way to integrate this with something like wordpress? Do I need to somehow move my blesta install so going to my domain doesn't take you straight to blesta?  I tried the BlestaCMS thing and got it successfully installed but the documentation leaves a lot to be desired for someone like me so I don't even know where to begin with that.  Basically I'm just all around confused about how this is all meant to work... or how to get it to work.  Instructions are scattered throughout and none of them really give much help at all... they all assume you know things that I simply do not know.  I'm just frustrated and confused. Is there anyone that can help?  Paying someone to do this for me is not something I can do at the moment. I just need some clear instructions or guidance or something.  Thanks in advance if anyone can answer any of my questions!  ?

4 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Tyson said:

I'm glad that helped!

Some third-party plugins, unfortunately, do not adequately uninstall everything they added when they are installed. It sounds like the BlestaCMS plugin may fail to uninstall everything it should since it has caused you issues. Perhaps @Blesta.Store can take a look at resolving those issues in newer versions of his plugin.

I tried to reach out but haven't gotten a response yet. I know its gotta be crazy with support right now because pretty much everyone is constantly on the internet right now for work, lol. I WAS able to fix it myself so I'm writing this here in case anyone else runs into this issue they can find an answer. What I did was after uninstalling Blesta CMS I had to also then COMPLETELY uninstall and remove the Blesta Portal plugin... then reinstall and reactivate it... and it returned things back to normal. Thanks so much Tyson for all your help!

Blesta uses the Portal/CMS plugin to create a landing page where clients can go to access their account, the order form, or the support system, etc. You are using the BlestaCMS plugin, which I am not familiar with, but it most-likely overrides the default Blesta Portal plugin. AFAIK you can create additional front-end pages with the BlestaCMS plugin though. You may want to ask @Blesta.Store for some help with that setup.

As for Blesta, it is not meant to replace your website, although you could use it that way, such as through a plugin like BlestaCMS. Any integration with Wordpress or another third-party platform will likely require modifications to the code to get it integrated into your particular site. There are some threads on the forums that describe how to do that if you're interested. However, Blesta is usually used on a subdomain or in a sub-directory of your website. If your website is at "domain.com", you might install Blesta at "domain.com/billing/". You can then update links on your website to go to "/billing/" to access Blesta-related content like the Order system at "/billing/order/" or client login at "/billing/client/login/".

Regarding packages in Blesta appearing on an Order form, this is something you can configure after you create your package in Blesta. Under "Packages > Order Forms" you can create a new order form and assign any packages you want to sell through it from the list of packages you have already created in Blesta. A link will be shown to access that order form directly. However, you can also set a default order form under "Packages > Order Forms > (Settings) tab". The default order form will be shown when accessing "/order/" in your browser. I hope that helps.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, Tyson said:

Blesta uses the Portal/CMS plugin to create a landing page where clients can go to access their account, the order form, or the support system, etc. You are using the BlestaCMS plugin, which I am not familiar with, but it most-likely overrides the default Blesta Portal plugin. AFAIK you can create additional front-end pages with the BlestaCMS plugin though. You may want to ask @Blesta.Store for some help with that setup.

As for Blesta, it is not meant to replace your website, although you could use it that way, such as through a plugin like BlestaCMS. Any integration with Wordpress or another third-party platform will likely require modifications to the code to get it integrated into your particular site. There are some threads on the forums that describe how to do that if you're interested. However, Blesta is usually used on a subdomain or in a sub-directory of your website. If your website is at "domain.com", you might install Blesta at "domain.com/billing/". You can then update links on your website to go to "/billing/" to access Blesta-related content like the Order system at "/billing/order/" or client login at "/billing/client/login/".

Regarding packages in Blesta appearing on an Order form, this is something you can configure after you create your package in Blesta. Under "Packages > Order Forms" you can create a new order form and assign any packages you want to sell through it from the list of packages you have already created in Blesta. A link will be shown to access that order form directly. However, you can also set a default order form under "Packages > Order Forms > (Settings) tab". The default order form will be shown when accessing "/order/" in your browser. I hope that helps.

This helps a TON! Thank you so much! Looks like I will need to reinstall and re-setup blesta now so that 1.) I have it in a subdomain and 2.) I can undo whatever BlestaCMS did because even after uninstallint BlestaCMS It's still hijacked my blesta front page somehow.  Thank you SO much though! These were some answers that I needed!

I'm glad that helped!

Some third-party plugins, unfortunately, do not adequately uninstall everything they added when they are installed. It sounds like the BlestaCMS plugin may fail to uninstall everything it should since it has caused you issues. Perhaps @Blesta.Store can take a look at resolving those issues in newer versions of his plugin.