Features check

AndyB78

Question

Hello,

I would like to check the presence/absence of features:

- is it possible to offer free domains with select hosting packages at select payment terms (some only at registration, some perpetual) while the hosting account remains the same and at the same term?
- is it possible to import hosting accounts from cPanel servers and domains from registrars?
- is it possible to move services between customer accounts?
- is it possible to upgrade hosting package from customer end and from admin end (along with calculation, invoice generation and auto-provisioning upon payment)?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

1.  Yes I believe you could using different packages and coupons.  You would have a package for the domain, then create a coupon with a full discount which applies only to particular terms.  You can also control on the coupon whether it applies to only the initial purchase or to renewals as well. The catch is that you could not make the coupon dependent on which hosting package they chose.

2. Well there is not a csv import or anything like that but I believe you can create a service through the admin interface and manually link it to an account by filling out the fields correctly.

3. No, not currently

4. Yes

Thank you for your answers.

1. The catch is a very important one. Also I'd like to offer the free domain by default without any coupons.

2. I meant to connect Blesta to a cPanel server and API import all the accounts, not to import a CSV with account data. Or maybe a misunderstood what you said.

4. I have only found a way in /admin interface but not in the enduser's interface. Have I missed it?\

Also, I've figured out more questions:

5. Can we define some hosting package accounts with paid dedicated IPs as an option and other packages without any IP option (paid or free)?

6. Is it possible to store the customer data in each individual document so they don't change when we change the customer data?

7. Can we block the customer from changing his date without a manual verification on our side?

Thanks!

1. Not sure there is a good way to do what you want. You could create a domain order form that uses a free domain package.  Then you would only make hosting packages available on the form that come with free domain.  There are two problems with this approach though.  First, that domain will continue to be free with each renewal unless you take manual action.  Second, if the user knows what they are doing, they could manually enter the url for the Blesta checkout after selecting  the domain and thereby skip selecting a host package.  So they get a domain for free without any hosting and without paying anything.

2. Blesta does not have a utility that automatically imports the accounts from a cPanel server

4. The packages must be in the same package and the client group must have permission to upgrade their own services (see admin/settings/company/groups/edit/1/, "Allow Clients to Change Service Package").

5. That depends on the hosting module.  I believe cPanel supports selling dedicated IPs through a config option which you could have on some packages but not others.

6. What do you mean by document?  Invoice? I think the answer is no.

7. "His date"?

8 hours ago, AndyB78 said:

Sorry, not date. His/her contact data like company name etc.

Got it, no there is nothing setup to perform a review system like that.  Maybe if you made some custom code changes you could block them from that page or replace it with a message to contact an administrator, but the official Blesta code does not support it.