Fraud Prevention Module

DandyDandy

Hi,

It could be a good idea if Blesta incorporated some fraud prevention as part of there product am unsure what they currently offer on that front but like most I believe they have Maxmind integration. Maybe producing a module which offers some basic forms of cross checking would be good and certainly a hit with clients who are experiencing annoying fraud or obvious fake orders.

1) Ensure clients IP matches location of country provided (Geo-Location Method)

2) Any free email addresses which are provided as part of a order which come from a country marked on a blacklist will require preview for instance you can select from a list which countries you want to allow free email addresses to be used from such as one person using a Hotmail account from UK might be deemed less like a fraudulent order than one from a very high fraud country or you could simply have a check box which means all free email addresses are required admin preview these could be compiled from a list such as:

*@gmail.com
*@hotmail.com

3) Postal code matching this is where the postal code must match the country selected for instance someone trying to use a US postal code with a UK address this will be prevented and told with an output "Invalid Postal Code"

4) High risk country preview - This would be where admins can select a list of countries which orders must be previewed such as if China is selected any order coming with a country selected as China must be previewed.

I don't actually know if anyone would like this but these are some basic things I just pulled off my head which can help to combat spammy/fraud orders of course it'll never be 100% effective but getting the basics will help keep the riff raff at bay.

There is already maxmind support, which is more than sufficient for screening fraud.  Of course I don't speak for the Blesta devs...but I think they have quite a few better things to do with their time instead of trying to duplicate something that is already supported by a dedicated fraud system like maxmind.

There is already maxmind support, which is more than sufficient for screening fraud.  Of course I don't speak for the Blesta devs...but I think they have quite a few better things to do with their time instead of trying to duplicate something that is already supported by a dedicated fraud system like maxmind.

Correct but most of these fraud measures can be implemented directly simply by cross checking with the information inputted at checkout there's no need to have a 3rd party service such as Maxmind for half of these features. If anyone is solely using Maxmind for fraud prevention then good luck to that.

It's likely we will be adding more fraud check options in the future, but Maxmind is a really good option and we can even provide a link for a free Maxmind account. Open a ticket with us for the link.

EDIT 2014/10/07: Regrettably, Maxmind has ended this program with no notice to us and we can no longer offer free MaxMind accounts.