Aff links to long

BackupAddict

30 minutes ago, BackupAddict said:

That's what I mean, don't you think that a tad to remember if typing it in a browser. 

Not really because I'm used to blesta, you can create shorter links if you know .htaccess rewrite rules but then you'd have to do it for everything. Otherwise a customer would just copy and paste.

The affiliate part of of the URL is rather small, e.g. &a=MQ== or ?a=MQ== appended to any order form URL, where MQ== is the affiliate code that is unique per affiliate. Since most people will want to direct someone interested in purchasing directly to an order form or a specific product, the URL will be larger. You could direct your users to use a URL shortening service like bit.ly to take the full URL and shorten it to something easier to share.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:40 PM, Paul said:

The affiliate part of of the URL is rather small, e.g. &a=MQ== or ?a=MQ== appended to any order form URL, where MQ== is the affiliate code that is unique per affiliate. Since most people will want to direct someone interested in purchasing directly to an order form or a specific product, the URL will be larger. You could direct your users to use a URL shortening service like bit.ly to take the full URL and shorten it to something easier to share.

Are the affiliate link MD5 encoded?

• 3 weeks later...

On Affiliate client page there is an affiliate link which user should use, for example:

xxx.com/clientarea/order/forms/a/MQ==

I will use .htaccess to make a redirect from xxx.com/a/* to xxx.com/clientarea/order/forms/a/*

how can I edit xxx.com/clientarea/order/affiliates/ page, so my client will see xxx.com/a/MQ== instead xxx.com/clientarea/order/forms/a/MQ==

??

5 hours ago, qba82 said:

On Affiliate client page there is an affiliate link which user should use, for example:

xxx.com/clientarea/order/forms/a/MQ==

I will use .htaccess to make a redirect from xxx.com/a/* to xxx.com/clientarea/order/forms/a/*

how can I edit xxx.com/clientarea/order/affiliates/ page, so my client will see xxx.com/a/MQ== instead xxx.com/clientarea/order/forms/a/MQ==

??

You could probably create a mod_rewrite redirect rule that looks for /a/* and redirects to the full path. I don't know what that URL would be, obviously you'd only want to redirect if the URL began with /a/something.