Any limits on blesta license?

System Error Message

Question

Hi im comparing between blesta and whmcs. What attracts me to blesta is the open source so that we can easily add the payment gateways that we use which are local which im not sure if possible with WHMCS. We just migrated from CPanel + WHM to directadmin and a different server and any of the freer billing systems just either plainly dont work or require a team of devs to integrate it.

I'd like to know if there are any limits listed below when purchasing blesta
- provisioning only on same server?
- can multiple servers be provisioned from a single license?
- Are there any limits to how many clients?
- Are there limits to the type of services we can provision or bill for?

In our country, datacenters still sell VPS on 1Mb/s connections and dedicated/colocations on 100Mb/s due to them getting the raw end of the deai in bandwidth. Since we arent CPU limited from the way we make websites but rather bandwidth limited, we are stuck with more cheaper and smaller servers than fewer more powerful ones in order to ensure that client websites load fast (yes we do keep the page size down below 1MB where possible) as our configuration is very efficient on CPU and RAM and we are already using CDNs. Renting from neighbours isnt a great idea as most ISPs in our nations have very slow connections outside the country which makes it unsuitable to quickly load a website even with a CDN.

4 answers to this question

On 9/6/2020 at 8:29 PM, System Error Message said:

Hi im comparing between blesta and whmcs. What attracts me to blesta is the open source so that we can easily add the payment gateways that we use which are local which im not sure if possible with WHMCS. We just migrated from CPanel + WHM to directadmin and a different server and any of the freer billing systems just either plainly dont work or require a team of devs to integrate it.

I'd like to know if there are any limits listed below when purchasing blesta
- provisioning only on same server?
- can multiple servers be provisioned from a single license?
- Are there any limits to how many clients?
- Are there limits to the type of services we can provision or bill for?

In our country, datacenters still sell VPS on 1Mb/s connections and dedicated/colocations on 100Mb/s due to them getting the raw end of the deai in bandwidth. Since we arent CPU limited from the way we make websites but rather bandwidth limited, we are stuck with more cheaper and smaller servers than fewer more powerful ones in order to ensure that client websites load fast (yes we do keep the page size down below 1MB where possible) as our configuration is very efficient on CPU and RAM and we are already using CDNs. Renting from neighbours isnt a great idea as most ISPs in our nations have very slow connections outside the country which makes it unsuitable to quickly load a website even with a CDN.

A single Blesta license permits you to install one copy of the Blesta on one domain, e.g., yourdomain.com.  Beyond that, Blesta does not limit you in

• clients
  • invoices
  • connected servers (cPanel, Direct Admin, etc.)
  • support tickets
  • staff / workers

For your setup, a single license will work for yourdomain.com which means 1 domain and 1 server. If you run multiple companies, company-a.com and company-b.com as an example, and each want to have Blesta on their own domain, then you need to purchase additional domain license called “Multi-Company” license addons.

Full information here: https://docs.blesta.com/display/support/End+User+License+Agreement

Note: You should reach out to Blesta Sales to get an official answer.

-Adam

Hello,

This is an interesting question! I've been looking for a WHMCS alternative for a couple of weeks now. They recently released V8 and it was a complete mess. So, just to confirm, WHMCS limits me by the number of clients I can have under one license but they don't limit the number of connected servers I can have, as far as I know. Problem is, if we resellers get to grow our client list, even thou we are not limited by the number of connected servers, at some point we will hit the number of clients limit.

... so with Blesta I can sync all my reseller hosting accounts (servers) using one license and then create different hosting packages, and at the same time assign these packages to different accounts (servers)?

13 hours ago, edherroj said:

... so with Blesta I can sync all my reseller hosting accounts (servers) using one license and then create different hosting packages, and at the same time assign these packages to different accounts (servers)?

I'm not totally sure I fully understand what you're asking. You can create an unlimited number of servers within a module. You can create an unlimited number of packages and services. Packages can be set to deploy on specific servers, or server groups. You can even create restricted packages and grant access to specific clients, which would grant access to a specific client to deploy on a specific server or servers.

Hopefully I answered your question, if not, I may need more details :)