What Upgrades were made to the "PayPal Standards" module between v1.3.0 and 1.6.0 ?

turner2f

Question

What Upgrades were made to the "PayPal Standards" module between v.1.3.0 and v.1.6.0 ?

I am asking because I upgraded to Blesta 4.11.2.

Most of the Auto Recurring payments from PayPal successfully notify ( ping ) Blesta so that the invoices are cleared from the "Billing - - > Invoices" page.

And a notification of payment being received is then emailed to the client and myself.

-----------------

Prior to upgrading to Blesta 4.11.2  ALL of the recurring transactions from PayPal would "ping" Blesta to take action.

-------------------

After upgrading to Blesta 4.11.2  about  1/3 of the recurring transactions from PayPal are NOT  "pinging"  Blesta to take action.

So a late notification is being sent to the client,  meanwhile  the invoice still sits in the "Billing - - > Invoices" page.

-----------------

So this function to "ping" Blesta from PayPal has been " Hit-or-Miss " .

-----------------

I did not change any of my Billing settings.

But I DID notice that when I looked at the module for "PayPal Payments Standards (non-merchant) " found at [ Payment Gateways - - > Gateways - - > Non-Merchant - - Installed (tab) ] , that the module said, "Upgrade" on the button .

So I clicked the upgrade button and went from version 1.3.0 to version 1.6.0 for the "PayPal Payments Standards (non-merchant) " module.

-------------------

1) - Was this upgrade to the "PayPal Payments Standards (non-merchant) "  module because of the upgrade to Blesta   ?

- OR - Was the module upgrade needed due to changes with the PayPal service itself    ?

2) - Will this upgrade to the "PayPal module" fix the issue am having with PayPal "pinging" Blesta only 2/3 of the time ?

- OR - Is there something else I need to do ?

7 answers to this question

19 hours ago, turner2f said:

What Upgrades were made to the "PayPal Standards" module between v.1.3.0 and v.1.6.0 ?

There was one important change from PayPal that may be relevant.  https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/important-notice-regarding-upcoming-subscription-changes-ts2239 based on which we created https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3180.  I don't see how the hit-or-miss behavior could be Blesta side, but perhaps you can look in Tools > Logs > Gateway to see if the IPN notifications are coming in and just receiving some kind of error.

@Jono

I am still having this issue.

Only worse; it is not processing any of the RECURRING payments.

The MANUAL payments are fine.

But NO RECURRING payments are being recorded at all.

=====

This phenomena began when I upgraded to version 4.11.2 .

=====

1) - Can I please send you my " PayPal " files from my Blesta folder for you to inspect ?

-----

2) - Is there anything that I need to call PayPal for ?

----

3) - Or do I need to double-check any configurations in my PayPal account ?

=====

Thanks in advance.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, Jono said:

perhaps you can look in Tools > Logs > Gateway to see if the IPN notifications are coming in and just receiving some kind of error.

First of all, please do this ^^^

You certainly can send the files (under components/gateways/nonmerchant/paypal_payments_standard), but they shouldn't matter until you have made custom changes.

@Jono

I just checked the logs today on Sept 23rd . . .

Tools - - - > Logs - - - > Gateway to see if the IPN notifications are coming in.

-------------

From what I could see for both the "Input" and "Output" the last posting to the Gateway log came from a MANUAL payment of $161.71 that was made EARLIER in the day on September 22, 2020 at 6:07:17 AM.

Input Log was recorded at :
Sep 22, 2020 6:07:32 AM

Output Log was recorded at : Sep 22, 2020 6:07:34 AM

-------------

Nothing was recorded for the RECURRING payment of $20.17 that was made LATER that day
at September 22, 2020 at 6:14 AM.

NOR did the RECURRING transaction "ping" Blesta to record the payment / invoice as "Paid".

2 hours ago, Jono said:

To be sure, you are saying that that recurring payments are being received in PayPal (I assume through a subscription), but are not sending anything to Blesta?

@Jono

Yes sir.  Exactly.

---------------

I spent  8 hours  last night trouble-shooting this .

I sent you a private message that describes in detail everything I tried and what the results were.

Please check your private email .