Leaving blesta

kikloo

Question

Hi,

I am leaving blesta as I feel that development is very slow and going in some other direction.

There are no modules coming which is the essence of a billing system. Instead of going for minphp and other stuff, please concentrate on creating modules.

I use CCavenue and that is not working any more in blesta due to some mcrypt thing, tried getting help to fix that but to no avail.

Then there's no official module for internetbs, whmcs, clientexec both have and just works out of the box but blesta is just not doing that.

Just concentrate on creating modules, the more the better for bletsa not me.

Everyone has different needs and they need modules for that to fulfil, in that blesta simply falls short. 

The configuration process is very tedious, the front-end is not ready to use, several things have to be done in order to just get the bare minimum things running.

It seems blesta has become jackass of all and master of none.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

HI kikloo
Some point I agree with you.
pros
1.  Blesta are cheap hosting billing
2. Blesta almost open source
3. Blesta is more secure then others
4. Blesta is developer friendly that can make your Plugins and Modules

cons
1. Blesta too slow with their development.But now they are little fast.(But still need to more fast)
2. Lack of their domain manager.
3. Lack of Modules.

Clientexec is also available at same price. No wonder belsta has blocked their importer script in htaccess file.

All are equally secure I feel, if someone wants to hack blesta, they will find some issue. Its not that popular, that's why its not getting the attention.

Maybe it is dev friendly but I don't find it to be friendly because I have to learn something new and that is applicable for all billing systems.

In a nutshell, development is really slow, no ready to use order system. I uploaded my logo (which somehow gets deleted with every update) and it shows on invoices but not showing on the website.

Complex configuration and settings, no search in settings, very hard to find things.

12 hours ago, kikloo said:

Clientexec is also available at same price. No wonder belsta has blocked their importer script in htaccess file.

All are equally secure I feel, if someone wants to hack blesta, they will find some issue. Its not that popular, that's why its not getting the attention.

Maybe it is dev friendly but I don't find it to be friendly because I have to learn something new and that is applicable for all billing systems.

In a nutshell, development is really slow, no ready to use order system. I uploaded my logo (which somehow gets deleted with every update) and it shows on invoices but not showing on the website.

Complex configuration and settings, no search in settings, very hard to find things.

Why not ask CCAvenue to help you with an updated module? Why is it all down to the Blesta team? They have one you claim is not working due to mcrypt... Mcrypt is a PHP function and why is it not working? More information is required to know the problem to even get it fixed. 

Is it you've updated PHP and it's broken the function because it's not part of PHP? Why do I say that? Because I use my noddle and I searched?

https://www.php.net/manual/en/intro.mcrypt.php 

This feature was DEPRECATED in PHP 7.1.0, and REMOVED in PHP 7.2.0.

Blesta has 4 developers who are working every weekday Monday - Friday working on making Blesta better and you aren't even trying to help. Fair enough, let us know how CE works out for you.

We've sped up development dramatically. Blesta is used by more companies than ever before. "Just create modules" isn't helpful feedback, though we have created a lot of modules over the past 2 years. We add modules that a decent number of people request and will use. We don't arbitrarily create modules that have no demand, that would be a waste of our development resources. I don't recall having a conversation with you or anyone recently about CCAvenue (if it requires mcrypt, just install mcrypt) or internetbs.

Pretty unhelpful thread. </thread>

13 hours ago, kikloo said:

FYI we blocked it because it allows data from Blesta to be PUBLICLY available to anyone who visits the URL. It's a security risk. If that's the kind of company that you want to work with, that puts your data at risk and could care less about security, I don't know what to say.