IonCube Loader installed, but cron fails and complains about it

Derek

Question

I'm on day 1 of my trial, running on Cyberpanel.  Things look fine so far, except cron doesn't run from the command line.  Instead I get this:

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking.

Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

Now, 10.3 was installed when I installed the software in the first place, and CyberPanel makes it easy to install this extension so I've done so for all PHP versions (7.1 through 7.4).  I've tried running this from SSH with my site configured as PHP 7.2 and 7.3 and I get this error each time.

I'm not sure what to do next.  Running it manually from the Blesta panel runs fine.  But cron fails.

Help?

(Edited to add the following to establish I'm running the PHP I think I'm running...)

$ /usr/bin/php -v
PHP 7.2.24 (cli) (built: Oct 22 2019 08:28:36) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

php.PNG

When I run the loader-wizard.php file it tells me:

Loader Installed

The ionCube Loader version 10.3.9 for PHP 7.2 is already installed but it is an old version. It is recommended that the Loader be upgraded to the latest version if possible.

2 answers to this question

The CLI version of your PHP does not have the ionCube extension loaded. What is the path to PHP as shown under Settings > System > Automation? 

You ran /usr/bin/php -v, so I assume it is /usr/bin/php? You can run this command then to see if ionCube is loaded.

/usr/bin/php -i | grep ionCube

If nothing is returned, then it's not loaded.

/usr/bin/php -i | grep php.ini

This will show the path to your php.ini, which is probably where you'd need to load ionCube.

If /usr/bin/php is not the path to PHP as shown under Settings > System > Automation, then it's possible the path shown there may have ionCube installed. At least, it's Blesta best guess effort of determining where your PHP is.