Stripe Coupons

Michael

I was wondering if this was possible or not already haha, but I was wondering if we could use the stripe coupons functions via Blesta.

Eg:

I want clients to use Stripe more than PayPal for shared hosting due to the low fees, so I'd do a special promotion code to save them money, now if I make a coupon on Blesta anyone can use it. However if I use the stripe gateway, only people who use it get the saving.

Stripe20 gives you 20% off your order on checkout. Then when they go back to Blesta the coupon is applied to their invoice via the API and marks it paid.

Not sure if that's possible yet but it would be a cool feature in my opinion. 

Pretty sure this would be against PayPal's TOS. You can't offer cheaper prices to customers to use a gateway other than PayPal, nor can you charge customers an extra fee to cover the cost of PayPal fees. Pricing across all gateways is supposed to be the same. 

Also what do you mean stripes fees are lower? Stripe is 2.9% + 30 cents. Paypal is also 2.9% + 30 cents

Pretty sure this would be against PayPal's TOS. You can't offer cheaper prices to customers to use a gateway other than PayPal, nor can you charge customers an extra fee to cover the cost of PayPal fees. Pricing across all gateways is supposed to be the same. 

Also what do you mean stripes fees are lower? Stripe is 2.9% + 30 cents. Paypal is also 2.9% + 30 cents

It looks cheaper on Stripe: Price: £1.96 Final price to bank: £1.71 (£0.25 difference) And I wouldn't care about PayPal lol they don't run my businesses.

If the payment was made with PayPal: Price: £1.96 Final price: £1.69 (£0.27 difference) and paypal is 0.20GBP + 3.40% if a customer pays in USD the paypal fee is: 2.9% and $0.30.

Ah right UK fees. No idea about those. 

PayPal doesn't run my business either, however a lot of customers use them and trust them. My company is only 3 years old, and some aren't willling to trust me with their credit card information (even though I don't really even get it, stripe does) but they do have a higher regard of trust with PayPal. On the other hand some customers hate paypal and distrust them. Either way, I still wouldn't want to piss off my merchant gateway, just to save some pennies off each transaction. 

Ah right UK fees. No idea about those. 

PayPal doesn't run my business either, however a lot of customers use them and trust them. My company is only 3 years old, and some aren't willling to trust me with their credit card information (even though I don't really even get it, stripe does) but they do have a higher regard of trust with PayPal. On the other hand some customers hate paypal and distrust them. Either way, I still wouldn't want to piss off my merchant gateway, just to save some pennies off each transaction. 

Going to have to agree here, Mike.  It's just business.  We know you hate PayPal.   :D

Depending on how much business you do with PayPal chat to someone there, we have much much lower rates with PayPal then again we're doing some large amount of sales can't recall what their cut off is on it however never hurts to try.

It would however be a neat feature to have on there even more if you're trying to get clients to use it.

According to a thread on another forum, PayPal recently changed it's stance on this. You can charge more for PayPal as long as you ensure the client is aware of it.

Would be nice to get that verified though.

According to a thread on another forum, PayPal recently changed it's stance on this. You can charge more for PayPal as long as you ensure the client is aware of it.

Keep in mind that if you're going to charge more for V/MC customers, you're only permitted to tack on the exact amount of card processing.  So if you're getting paid for a $100 transaction, and your processing fee for that transaction is 1.5% + $.30, you can only bill the customer either $100.00 or $101.80.  If you bill the customer $102.00, you're out of compliance and may find yourself unable to accept V/MC, regardless of gateway or processor.  I haven't read through AmEx's master agreement for years, but they've always basically pointed at the V/MC agreement and said "yeah, what he said".

This makes charging more per gateway a little sensitive.  Someone who has a beef with your company might report you to Visa because your price is 100% on this gateway and 80% on that gateway.  Not that they'd be right, you'd still have to deal with it.  And who knows if you're just going to get an apathetic rep who simply deems your account out of compliance.  It's one of those things that's a grey area, and you could probably get away with it, but is it worth the risk -- however slim -- of you waking up one day to find out PayPal has frozen your funds?