Multi-Company Questions + Others

Purevoltage

Question

First off this is an awesome feature that I requested for a long time from other billing companies and it's great to see this feature here!

A few questions I had about this before buying it.

1. Do we have to have the multiple sites hosted on the same box? 

2. Is there a dev version we can also use for testing before moving things into a live site or do we need another license for this?

3. Is it possible to have redundancy in this say having it run in two locaitons? I know that the database part shouldn't be an issue however thinking about the license for it being active in two+ locations so if one ever has a network or power issue our site and support is still online.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

First off this is an awesome feature that I requested for a long time from other billing companies and it's great to see this feature here!

A few questions I had about this before buying it.

1. Do we have to have the multiple sites hosted on the same box? 

2. Is there a dev version we can also use for testing before moving things into a live site or do we need another license for this?

3. Is it possible to have redundancy in this say having it run in two locaitons? I know that the database part shouldn't be an issue however thinking about the license for it being active in two+ locations so if one ever has a network or power issue our site and support is still online.

Thanks.

1. You can if you get a Multi-company license. Or you can just have different licenses on different boxes.

2. You need a paid license to get a developer license, you can however get a trial.

3. I don't believe you can, since the license works per location / IP / domain name.

Thanks,

I figured that was correct for the first two the main thing I was really wondering about was the third it would be a great feature I know I asked about it before with another billing panel can't recall if I got a reply from them on it or a copy pasted reply that wasn't what I was even asking about.

Maybe I should put it as a future request.

Thanks Paul,

For the redundancy is there anything you could think of that would work for that? Or would it be a feature we could look at adding to Blesta? This would be great to know our support/billing panel is able to run even if a location goes down for some reason.

Thanks Paul,

For the redundancy is there anything you could think of that would work for that? Or would it be a feature we could look at adding to Blesta? This would be great to know our support/billing panel is able to run even if a location goes down for some reason.

We can manually add additional locations to your license if you're running it in a clustered environment. IP addresses and directory paths, though, generally you'll only have a different IP for each web server.

Currently we do not recommend running Blesta in a NAT however where your web server has a local IP address. This is an issue we are working to resolve in licensing.

Also, only the web server is licensed, so you can have a separate MySQL server or cluster of servers configured any way you like.

Are you wanting to have website failover, or load balancing?   ie: What kind of "redundancy" are you looking to accomplish?

If you want to have load balancing, then you could do that now as I think Blesta license would be associated with your front-end load-balancing device or server.  Then the back-end would be transparent to Blesta, as you split services between the machines in your cluster.

If you're talking about a failover setup, then this would be possible if you can get the Blesta folks to allow you to have multiple IPs associated with your license.  In that case, you would have the same licensed hostname, but with multiple IPs.