Considering switching from cPanel to DirectAdmin - anything I should watch out for?

sunrisepro

Question

6 answers to this question

On 1/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, sunrisepro said:

Checking the docs, I see that 'Management' & 'Config Options' are not supported but I'm unclear on what that means. What's the main differences between cPanel & DirectAdmin with regard to how they work with Blesta?

Both work very similarly. Management just means extra options under the Manage button for the client. For shared hosting panels, users can just login to the panel to perform actions so it's usually not an issue. For Config Options, it just means that the module is not expecting any configurable options that would change the way it provisions the account through the DA API.. for example, extra disk quota, mailboxes, etc. That's not supported, so the accounts will be provisioned based on your Package settings.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Both work very similarly. Management just means extra options under the Manage button for the client. For shared hosting panels, users can just login to the panel to perform actions so it's usually not an issue. For Config Options, it just means that the module is not expecting any configurable options that would change the way it provisions the account through the DA API.. for example, extra disk quota, mailboxes, etc. That's not supported, so the accounts will be provisioned based on your Package settings.

From the Client Portal, will the client still be able to click their particular "service row" and the "Log in" link to auto-login to DirectAdmin?

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

There is a log in link there yes, but it doesn't yet use single sign on like cPanel.

:( So to confirm, currently, the "log in" link will just take the Client to the DirectAdmin login page on the relevant server that they are hosted on and then they have to manually input their credentials?

5 minutes ago, Alk said:

:( So to confirm, currently, the "log in" link will just take the Client to the DirectAdmin login page on the relevant server that they are hosted on and then they have to manually input their credentials?

I don't have a working copy in front of me so I can't say for sure, but I *think* it will log them in automatically if their credentials in Blesta are correct. But if they log into Directadmin's panel and change their password there, then it would no longer work.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

I don't have a working copy in front of me so I can't say for sure, but I *think* it will log them in automatically if their credentials in Blesta are correct. But if they log into Directadmin's panel and change their password there, then it would no longer work.

Ah, thank you for clarifying Paul, that's not so bad.