migrating from OBAS (Odin Business Automation Standard)

galaxy

Question

I'm considering migrating from OBAS to Blesta.  I'm about to update Plesk from Onyx to Obsidian (is that supported)?

I saw a comment about domain registration with OpenSRS, but don't see any module for it.  I used to use them.  Now I actually need one for SRSPlus.  But I can write it (like I did for OBAS).  But I want to make sure there's an interface to handle registrar type of requests like in the other post.  

Another thing I need is to write something to export OBAS and import into Blesta.  Probably nothing for that, but is there a guide or instructions as to what is required to make that happen?

I was thinking if I can just be pointed to the right documentation to find out what I need to extract from OBAS, do the mapping to a CSV file, then import the CSV into Blesta.  I need more than just the customer.  I'd like to pull over subscriptions, billing (orders/invoices/payments), and about everything that exists in Blesta.  I can do the mapping.

4 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, galaxy said:

I'm considering migrating from OBAS to Blesta.  I'm about to update Plesk from Onyx to Obsidian (is that supported)?

I saw a comment about domain registration with OpenSRS, but don't see any module for it.  I used to use them.  Now I actually need one for SRSPlus.  But I can write it (like I did for OBAS).  But I want to make sure there's an interface to handle registrar type of requests like in the other post.  

Another thing I need is to write something to export OBAS and import into Blesta.  Probably nothing for that, but is there a guide or instructions as to what is required to make that happen?

I was thinking if I can just be pointed to the right documentation to find out what I need to extract from OBAS, do the mapping to a CSV file, then import the CSV into Blesta.  I need more than just the customer.  I'd like to pull over subscriptions, billing (orders/invoices/payments), and about everything that exists in Blesta.  I can do the mapping.

The Plesk module in Blesta should work, yes.

There is a 3rd party OpenSRS module that you can find on the forums here. I'm not aware of any integration for SRSPlus. All included registrar modules, like Enom, Namecheap, Namesilo are open and good examples if you will be coding your own. Also see the developer docs on creating a module at https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Modules and you can use the Extension Generator to create a skeleton module to start with https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Extension+Generator

We tried to create an importer for OBAS a long time ago, but Plesk was either unable or unwilling to get us a license.. maybe it was already EOL at the time. There is a CSV importer that can import your clients only (no services, transactions, etc) that might be worth using to get client data in Blesta and then import the other data manually or by another method. See https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Migrating+to+Blesta

I figured I'd copy one of the other modules like enom to make srsplus.  That's what I did on OBAS.

Is there a set of field definitions for each item like services, transactions, invoices, etc. that I can use or do I just look at the database schema?

What items are there that *can* be imported?  I'd like to try to move over as much if not all of the old data if possible (so I don't have to keep the old system around for 10 years).

35 minutes ago, galaxy said:

I figured I'd copy one of the other modules like enom to make srsplus.  That's what I did on OBAS.

Is there a set of field definitions for each item like services, transactions, invoices, etc. that I can use or do I just look at the database schema?

What items are there that *can* be imported?  I'd like to try to move over as much if not all of the old data if possible (so I don't have to keep the old system around for 10 years).

Since there is no OBAS importer, the CSV importer can be used to import client contact details only. First, last name, company, address, etc. See the docs for details. If you are up for it, you can write your own importer, just take a look at one of the other two listed on that page for an example.

If you want to import services, transactions, invoices manually, then you should look at the database. It will make more sense if you record a transaction, create an invoice, and add a service to see how things look.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:47 PM, galaxy said:

Have a look at these files mate:  /plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/