Upgrading to 5.0 error

Stanley

Question

My Blesta version was 4.12.3 as shown in the browser admin dashboard.

When I tried to upgrade using cli, the prompt asked me whether I want to upgrade from 4.12.1 to 5.0.0. I was expecting 4.12.3, but the cli said it was 4.12.1. Can this be the cause to the upgrade error that happens next?

What I did next was when I entered "Y", the upgrade stops at 75%.

When I go to the dashboard, it shows that my database does not match the system version. When I click "Upgrade", the process ended with a white screen.

I have ensured that the requirements are met. I changed the max_allowed_packet to 128M. It still failed the same in the second try.

How do I proceed from here?

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 5.17.58 PM.png

3 answers to this question

I had the same, was 4.12.3 installed but cli said 4.12.1. Mine stopped at 18%. I submitted a ticket, getting around to figuring out what went wrong. Usually Blesta upgrades go smoothly, no problems over the past number of years. This last year must of had an effect on the quality assurance team! Kinda appears as though in a hurry to get upgrade out first thing 2021, but in such a hurry, did not look at all the upgrade steps well enough to notice readily apparent errors.

Looking to fix my issue, found the reason it says version 4.12.1 is because that is the database version, not the file version. Therefore 4.12.1 is the correct database version, yet the file version installed is 4.12.3.

It looked like my problem was removing old depreciated files, looks like the remove depreciated files worked after changing file ownership. Problem for me seems to be making new additions to the database.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:18 AM, Stanley said:

What I did next was when I entered "Y", the upgrade stops at 75%.

Did you upgrade via CLI? If so, it should show the step number. That will be helpful for getting you accurate next steps to complete the update. Feel free to open a ticket with those details, a ticket will get a much quicker reply.