"There are one or more cron tasks that have been executing for more than 60 minutes."

Incog

Question

In an frustrating effort to get emails to pipe into the helpdesk properly, I have had to settle for IMAP piping which appears to be the only thing that I can get working. After spending hours reading documentation and attempting to get php piping to work, it's a no-go.

Issue is now, the automated task for downloading tickets will run once and this message appears. Took me too long to realize why emails were received once, and only once. Instead of fussing with MySQL tables to release the cron lock manually, I just decided to go to bed and let the lock release itself after 6 hours.

Today, I re-enabe the IMAP import of emails to the helpdesk, it runs once, and this message is back.

What is the most reliable way to get this to work? The email importation route "works" (once). PHP piping doesn't work out of the box nor after a lot of time spent trying to get it to work, but I guess I'll work on that again. Does the email piping rely on a cron job to detect new emails? If so, then I'm sure I'll encounter the same error as with the IMAP method (work once, cron lock, manually remove or wait 6 hours...

In short: Helpdesk email handling only appears to work using IMAP/SSL, but it will only work ONCE and then the error seen in the title will be displayed on the admin index. (Even though it hasn't even been 60 minutes since the cron ran the one time to handle emails).

EDIT: v 4.12.3

2 answers to this question

The error is back after changing SMTP settings to reflect a new email address and mail server for delivery. The details are correct. I can send/receive just fine from it, but in regards to using it with Blesta, nothing.

I'm back to the, "There are one or more cron tasks that have been executing for more than 60 minutes."  error with emails being the culprit when checking the automation settings.

Is there a sane way to resolve this? I can't seem to find anything that actually works and having to respond to email queiries via email when it's not piping into the desk where one can quickly review account details is a lot of work.