force domain renewal

galaxy

Question

5 answers to this question

You can change the renew date to be within your "invoice days before renewal" and at the next invoice cron run it'll generate an invoice.. and once paid, initiate the module renew option. However, the renew date in Blesta will then be incorrect and will need to be adjusted.

We will be adding a feature to "add years" to domains, after the initial domain manager update.

It looks like the largest # of days is 60, but its a year registration.  How do I change that to 364 ?  60 just isn't enough to force a domain renewal...

I like the idea of the "add years", assuming it creates a renewal invoice based on quantity of packages added (i.e. 3 years at the 1 year pkg price).

It would also be nice to allow package upgrade/downgrade so they can go from a 1yr to a 5yr at the next renewal time.

Those are both on my current billing system that clients use.

3 minutes ago, galaxy said:

It looks like the largest # of days is 60, but its a year registration.  How do I change that to 364 ?  60 just isn't enough to force a domain renewal...

Where do you see 60 days? I'm not sure what you are doing. The term for domains should be in years, 1 year, 2 years, 3.. to 10.

If you enable it, clients can update so that at renewal it will renew for a different term.. 1yr to 5yrs for example.

That's correct, domains are in years.

I'm in settings:  Invoice and Charge Options  and trying to set the "Invoice Days Before Renewal" drop-down.

The drop-down goes from same day to 60 days.

So did you mean change "date renews" in the database?  That just occurred to me that's probably what you meant...

or is there a place in the GUI where I can adjust the renewal date?

3 minutes ago, galaxy said:

That's correct, domains are in years.

I'm in settings:  Invoice and Charge Options  and trying to set the "Invoice Days Before Renewal" drop-down.

The drop-down goes from same day to 60 days.

So did you mean change "date renews" in the database?  That just occurred to me that's probably what you meant...

or is there a place in the GUI where I can adjust the renewal date?

That setting is how many days in advance of a services renew date that it should be invoiced. I refer to that value only to say that when you adjust the services renew date (Manage > Actions: Change Renew date) in order to force a renewal, the date must be in this window. The default value is 5 days, so based on that example you'd need to set the renew date for the service to 5 days from now or sooner. Then, when the invoice cron runs next it'll invoice the service for renewal and bump out the renew date. Paying the resulting invoice will result in a renew command sent to the module. But the renew date of the domain will now be wrong and must be corrected after this all occurs. So, it's a bit tedious.

The simpler thing to do is to manually invoice the client for the # of years they want to add, and when they pay do 2 things:

1. Add the years with your registrar manually
  2. Push out the services renew date. If it normally would renew on May 1, 2022, and they buy 2 years change it to May 2, 2024.