domain transfer, setting service active

galaxy

Question

I'm almost done the the registrar module, but one thing I don't see/understand yet.

When you initiate a transfer of a domain, the service is initially set to "pending".  Per the registrar I'm to poll them to check the status to find if/when it succeeded or failed.  I've created a module cron job and can poll them for the update and either mark it failed or activate the service. I don't see how to activate the service or mark it as failed.  I looked at other domain modules like enom and namesilo but don't see how they're doing it either.  I don't see any cron job.

Am I doing this wrong since neither of those modules do any polling?  What is the correct way to implement this within the blesta framework?

4 answers to this question

I found that after you initiate a transfer that if you go in as admin, click on pending services and open it I see under "Basic Options" an Activate button.  I see that when I click it, it tries to initiate the transfer again, which generates an error from the registrar.

So I'm trying to find out how the service is supposed to poll the registrar and activate the service once the transfer is complete.  Also what is that Activate button in the UI supposed to do?  

I believe the service becomes "active" in Blesta if the transfer is initiated and the registrar returns a successful response to the API command. This doesn't mean the transfer has been completed, only that it's been initiated. Your cron command would potentially be useful for checking whether the transfer has failed, but I would expect the service status to be "active" during that process.

Maybe that's not the best way to do it, but I'm pretty sure other modules behave this way currently.

I did do the transfer, with a successful response, however it is set to pending in Blesta.  So you're saying it should be active after a transfer initiated request?

I checked the logs in the module (from processResponse()) and see the successful initiation.  I also see in the cron logs that:

The pending service #2 from client #5500 could not be made active.

Where can I look to see why it could not be made active.  This is where I assumed the cron job would go in, see if it succeeded or failed and set it to active or failed.  I just don't see how/where to do so.  But if its supposed to set it active before the cron jobs run, where would I find the reason?

On 4/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, galaxy said:

I did do the transfer, with a successful response, however it is set to pending in Blesta.  So you're saying it should be active after a transfer initiated request?

I checked the logs in the module (from processResponse()) and see the successful initiation.  I also see in the cron logs that:

The pending service #2 from client #5500 could not be made active.

Where can I look to see why it could not be made active.  This is where I assumed the cron job would go in, see if it succeeded or failed and set it to active or failed.  I just don't see how/where to do so.  But if its supposed to set it active before the cron jobs run, where would I find the reason?

Blesta is not yet fully supporting domain market, so case like this won't have a solution now, you need to setup as active, after the transfer you need to sync domain renewal date.

now you should go to logs, cron and see what is the module response, if not try to activate it manually and normally you should see the error returned by the module .