Blesta in Docker

alphabetty

Question

Hi Blesta forum

I have installed docker and mariadb in 2 separate docker conatiners using portainer.  They can connect to each other because they use the same docker network.   The local docker DHCP address was specified when creating the container, and fingers crossed this seems to have stopped the (licence invalid) message that I get after the host is rebooted. 

The main blesta image, has 2 volumes that are binded to the host,  /var/lib/html    and /logs_blesta.  

after using chmod 777 I can now access the logs folder on the host and blesta can write to it, and cron is setup via the host.

Capture.png

The problem now is that the logs seem to be minumal, and i get this message: 

"There are some log files not owned by the same user as the web server. This is usually caused by the cron running as a different user than the web server."

Capture.png

After reading a diffent post on the forum here :

I had got the idea that the message was happening because the docker conatiner does not have root access.   With my current docker container I set it up using the environment variable UID=0 and GID=0 which i thought would allow blesta full root access to whatever it needs.    does anyone know what i am doing wrong and a possbile work around? 

I should also say that the reason, im not just installing direct on the host is because, the host is a large size virtual server, and has a few other apps running in containers behind an nginx proxy which uses ports 443, 80.  Im sure it's possible to still have blesta on the host OS as root, but decided the container option was best to keep things consistant.   If i can find a work around of the current issue then it should be perfect for my needs.

Many thanks for looking. 

1 answer to this question

/logs_blesta/ is an unusual place for the log directory. Since your docroot is /var/www/html/ it would normally reside in /var/www/logs_blesta/

The warning about the ownership not being the same, is probably a result of your web server running as a different user as your cron user. The cron should, ideally run as the same user. Then, when it writes log files, they will be owned by the same user, and there won't be any potential for conflict. In v5, we write cron logs with a different name, so it's not a serious issue, but the warning remains.