IS the $750 Lifetime, really lifetime?

Agility

Question

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Agility said:

Hi there

I am leaving WHMCS due to the ridiculous pricing changes and them dropping support for lifetime licences.

Like hundreds of other hosting companies. Welcome!

4 hours ago, Agility said:

What guarantees do I have that Blesta follows suite and my lifetime licence is not honoured anymore?

You don't get any guarantee someday they might find a way to kill your lifetime license just like WHMCS.

However founders of Blesta are more community-friendly, listen to advices and suggestions, improve the billing platform often and i don't think in any way they will follow the same path as WHMCS.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:13 PM, Agility said:

Hi there

I am leaving WHMCS due to the ridiculous pricing changes and them dropping support for lifetime licences.

What guarantees do I have that Blesta follows suite and my lifetime licence is not honoured anymore?

Thanks

W

Yes it is lifetime i have had mine for many years, but you will have to pay $39 a year for updates and support

On 7/31/2021 at 7:02 AM, majestyhost said:

Yes it is lifetime i have had mine for many years, but you will have to pay $39 a year for updates and support

The license "Blesta Owned Lifetime" does not have a yearly fee for updates. It's a special license type, that we may limit future sales of, adjust pricing, or discontinue sales for at anytime without notice. Those that have it will not need to pay anything in the future.

10 hours ago, Bloory said:

I feel sure I bought a lifetime licence but was asked to pat for the updates and support.  I think that is a fair price but I'm not sure it's what I signed up for.

You can always open a ticket, or PM me your license key and I can check. We did not offer the lifetime license prior to releasing v3.0, and it has never been less than $500. Some people confuse an owned license with a lifetime license, owned licenses will continue to work indefinitely even if you don't purchase support & updates - you just wouldn't be able to upgrade or get support.