The Gateway Does Not Exist Or Is Not Enabled

Brashquido

Question

Hi All,

Paypal Payments Standard is the only payment gateway I have installed currently into which I have place my relevant Paypal API username, password & key. Under accepted payment types I only see credit card and ACH where I only have credit card selected.

Is there anything else I need to do to get payments to work via Paypal? Reason I ask is that when trying to pay a test invoice I raised for my test user I am getting an error saying "The gateway does not exist or is not enabled", and can't for the life of me see anywhere else in the system to set payment gateway options.

9 answers to this question

On 4/15/2017 at 3:14 PM, KenHC said:

I'm getting this with the Stripe gateway. Everything appears to be in order based on what I'm seeing here in the various threads. I even tried installing Stripe Plus, and that doesn't appear to work either. I'm dealing with invoices I imported from WHMCS, not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.

Well, that was odd. At Paul's suggestion, I uninstalled the Stripe gateway. Deleted payment accounts for clients. Re-installed the Stripe gateway. And had my test client set up their payment account again. Success. We're both unsure of what the cause was, but it is working now.

Thanks Paul!!

Ok. Do I need to set up an order form? I'm not allowing outside client involvement; I'm just trying to set up recurring invoices. I've been able to do this, but when I get to the point of actually charging the client it gives me this message.

You can make the order form and disable it and try it.

I'm getting this with the Stripe gateway. Everything appears to be in order based on what I'm seeing here in the various threads. I even tried installing Stripe Plus, and that doesn't appear to work either. I'm dealing with invoices I imported from WHMCS, not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.