Base64 Encoded Email?

cluster

Question

6 answers to this question

I would like to switch from whmcs to Blesta, some time ago we got problems sending emails out to Gmail or Hotmail (despite a good reputation system emails went to the client spam folder) due to the login details usually contain many links, after they have implemented Base64 encoded emails it worked.

Also with bulk e-mails e.g. maintenance notification we had issues due to gmail, hotmail, yahoo rate limits, therefore it would be nice if there is a function which delays email delivery e.g. 20 e-mails per minute.

For a billing system it's important to be able to send base64 encoded and limited per minute for proper delivery of important emails and  avoid blacklistings.

31 minutes ago, cluster said:

I would like to switch from whmcs to Blesta, some time ago we got problems sending emails out to Gmail or Hotmail (despite a good reputation system emails went to the client spam folder) due to the login details usually contain many links, after they have implemented Base64 encoded emails it worked.

Also with bulk e-mails e.g. maintenance notification we had issues due to gmail, hotmail, yahoo rate limits, therefore it would be nice if there is a function which delays email delivery e.g. 20 e-mails per minute.

For a billing system it's important to be able to send base64 encoded and limited per minute for proper delivery of important emails and  avoid blacklistings.

Okay I have no answer for that sorry I'll tag our lead developer in, I've never had issues with Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail before though. @Jono

3 hours ago, cluster said:

for your second request, check this post, it has a solution for you

21 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

for your second request, check this post, it has a solution for you

great, thank you!

maybe the base64 part works w/ a few changes in /components/email/email.php e.g.

https://www.labnol.org/code/19840-base64-encoded-email

also, it would be a little more safe when login details are send as base64 encrypted