Migration from WHMCS 8.x, How to Set Up Domains

linux4me

Question

I successfully completed the migration from WHMCS to Blesta 5.0.4, and didn't receive any errors.

In WHMCS, all of my clients had at least one domain registered via eNom, billed annually through WHMCS, and renewed at eNom once they paid the renewal fee.

In Blesta, I see the transactions for the domain renewals, but otherwise, the domains are missing from the clients' accounts and I see nowhere to manage them.

I installed and configured the eNom module, then followed this tutorial to set up my "Domains" package group, packages for each TLD we sell, and an order form.

My problem is figuring out how to set up the records (Services?) for the domains for each client so that they will be appropriately charged and the renewals will be sent to the registrar.

I found this tutorial, but my Blesta installation doesn't have a "Domains" dropdown in the Navigation Bar, and when I look in Settings -> Company -> Plugins, there is no "Domains Manager" plugin on either the Installed or Available Tabs.

How do I get the domains assigned to the correct client accounts and get domain management working in Blesta?

TIA

3 answers to this question

Hi Michael,

Yes, I did speak to Paul, and he was very helpful. He gave me the option of redoing the import with the Import Manager linked to here or to manually add the domains as a Service.

I'm not working with that many clients, so the solution was to:

1. Set up a Package Group called "Domains".
  2. Set up Packages for each domain TLD we sell.
  3. For each client with a domain, manually add a Service for the domain with "use module" unchecked.
  4. Edit the added domain Service (click "Manage"), resetting the renewal date, making sure that "use module" and "prorate" are unchecked

On 5/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, linux4me said:

Hi Michael,

Yes, I did speak to Paul, and he was very helpful. He gave me the option of redoing the import with the Import Manager linked to here or to manually add the domains as a Service.

I'm not working with that many clients, so the solution was to:

1. Set up a Package Group called "Domains".
  2. Set up Packages for each domain TLD we sell.
  3. For each client with a domain, manually add a Service for the domain with "use module" unchecked.
  4. Edit the added domain Service (click "Manage"), resetting the renewal date, making sure that "use module" and "prorate" are unchecked

Glad you managed to do it manually, I apologies for the inconvenience caused.