Free Domain with hosting purchase ~ NameSilo

Jason

Question

Has anyone figured out a way to offer a free domain name with a hosting package? I am not sure why this is such a complicated thing to implement. I would love to bundle a domain registration with the hosting purchase, but this seems completely impossible with Blesta since it looks at those as completely different and unassociated products. Please tell me there is a workaround for this ...
FYI, I am using NameSilo for registrations.

--Jason

3 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Has anyone figured out a way to offer a free domain name with a hosting package? I am not sure why this is such a complicated thing to implement. I would love to bundle a domain registration with the hosting purchase, but this seems completely impossible with Blesta since it looks at those as completely different and unassociated products. Please tell me there is a workaround for this ...
FYI, I am using NameSilo for registrations.

--Jason

blesta not supporting bundle until now, they are working in domain manager, maybe it will include this function.

just to note we also waiting this option from so many years, we hope get it in the next version (s) .

OK. Glad I am not the only one that is struggling to find a solution to this.

For now it looks like I will have to set up free domains manually using an internal coupon. Kind of defeats the point of an automated billing system, but at least I can set the domain name cost to $0 so that it doesn't bill the client. It just means I will have to manually onboard bundled accounts (which in my situation isn't too terrible since I am working one-on-one with most of my clients anyways).

Looking forward to seeing this option become available in Blesta.