Roadmap

pcfacility

In all honesty, a roadmap would be a great "feature" for Blesta to have when prospecting for new license sales.  It would certainly allow people like me to make a more informed decision on whether we want to use Blesta or some other billing system.

If I know that needed "feature x" and "feature y" are in the queue (and what order in the queue), then I'm much more likely to consider Blesta.

Furthermore, I would argue there are few features so secret they can't be added to a public roadmap.  Of course, if there's some radical new feature that no other billing system has, then it could be left out.  However, I see no reason why any feature that exists in other billing systems shouldn't be included in a public roadmap.  It would only serve to show Blesta management is serious and knowledgeable about the direction of their software, in order to make it fully competitive with the others available.

Thanks.

In all honesty, a roadmap would be a great "feature" for Blesta to have when prospecting for new license sales.  It would certainly allow people like me to make a more informed decision on whether we want to use Blesta or some other billing system.

If I know that needed "feature x" and "feature y" are in the queue (and what order in the queue), then I'm much more likely to consider Blesta.

Furthermore, I would argue there are few features so secret they can't be added to a public roadmap.  Of course, if there's some radical new feature that no other billing system has, then it could be left out.  However, I see no reason why any feature that exists in other billing systems shouldn't be included in a public roadmap.  It would only serve to show Blesta management is serious and knowledgeable about the direction of their software, in order to make it fully competitive with the others available.

Thanks.

They are already serious and in the right direction in my opinion, active in their community, helpful, adding features people need, fixing bugs, etc.

Perhaps.  The point I am making is that having a public roadmap that shows what features will be added (in what order) will be beneficial to potential Blesta customers such as myself who are evaluating and comparing the software against various other alternatives.

For example, I have a list of basic features I need to support my business.  When I research the various software possibilities, I have ruled out Blesta because it does not have some of those features.  If I can see that those features are on the list to be added... then I will be much more likely to re-consider Blesta as a possible match for my needs.

Without the roadmap, I am limited to spending a lot of time digging through old posts in the forums to see what Blesta management might have posted in response to someone else asking about that feature... and it's likely that info is outdated, irrelevant and possibly misleading at best. 

Perhaps.  The point I am making is that having a public roadmap that shows what features will be added (in what order) will be beneficial to potential Blesta customers such as myself who are evaluating and comparing the software against various other alternatives.

For example, I have a list of basic features I need to support my business.  When I research the various software possibilities, I have ruled out Blesta because it does not have some of those features.  If I can see that those features are on the list to be added... then I will be much more likely to re-consider Blesta as a possible match for my needs.

Without the roadmap, I am limited to spending a lot of time digging through old posts in the forums to see what Blesta management might have posted in response to someone else asking about that feature... and it's likely that info is outdated, irrelevant and possibly misleading at best. 

I'd recommend contacting Blesta's sales email and asking the guys what you need and if they have a CORE- number for you and maybe which version 3.1, 3.2. or 3.3+ it is listed for.

I agree completely, it's one of the biggest reasons we're planning to do it. There isn't much we want to block from the roadmap, but there sometimes are items we aren't ready to announce yet that we may be planning to work on. Also, a lot of the tasks in our system are pretty boring, (Change this thing slightly in the UI for example), and might be best left out of the roadmap.