Store Payment Gateway information in the invoice

Shivam Shukla

Hi

In blesta, payment gateway information of a particular invoice is stored in the transactions table after transaction is done. but if we need to perform any operation before the transaction for any particular gateway there is a no such way to do it. can't we store the payment gateway information along with the invoice so we can determine which payment gateway the client is going to use for the transaction.

I don't know it is a feature request or something that already exist in blesta but i does not find it.

I have gone through the all order process but can't find anything. 

Blesta doesn't store the gateway on an invoice prior to payment because Blesta doesn't force a particular payment method on an invoice. Once payment is made, the details are stored. Any gateway can be used that supports the currency of the invoice.

Are you saying you want to force a client to pay with a specific gateway? If not, what is the use case for having a gateway associated prior to payment, given that the actual gateway used may be different?

Hi @Paul

Thanks for your support.

No, I am not forcing the client to pay with a specific gateway. I just want the gateway information to be stored along with the invoice. Client can switch the gateway any time.

I want to add some custom logic to calculate a discount or extra charge for a specific gateway. I can use "Invoices.add", "Invoices.edit" events for the purpose if payment gateway information exist in the invoice.

I have found something relevant in the open issues just now. https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-2305
With this can we add both discount and charge for a specific gateway?

Is there any way in blesta right now to determine the payment gateway before client actual pay?

Edited by Shivam Shukla