Blesta and Thesslstore

Remitur

Question

I'm evaluating a migration from WHMCS to Blesta (I know, many of ours are doing so...)

One of the questions is about the integration of Blesta with Thesslstore.

I can see that plugin and module both exist, but were developed years ago, and have not been updated for years.

In the meanwhile, a lot of changes happened in the SSL market, so I guess some kind of update would have been necessary.

So, the question is: are the existing module and plugin still working fine, or should they need a serious maintenance and upgrade?

13 answers to this question

I give myself an answer on my own: the old module and old plugin I was referring to are those available on Github; but it seems that Thesslstore module is now already incorporated in Blesta, and so the module and plugin I was referring to are no longer valid.

9 hours ago, galaxy said:

Being that you're evaluating that, do you know how to import say 4 or 5 of their products?  Or do you have to import hundreds and weed them out?

It seems you're forced to import all of them.
A trick (that allows you not to delete 100 or more articles) could be importing them in a "parked products" group, and then move out of this (hidden) group just the required products.
This "parked products" will be full of garbage, but this is not an issue...

I see there're other functions about Thesslstore module, that do exist in the WHMCS version and that are lacking in Blesta's version:

•  existing certificate importing (that allows to specify just thesslstore's order ID#, Blesta's client id#, and import existing certificate creating a service under specified client id#)

• mass price update

• renewal report

Good idea, I'll give that a shot.

I know that thesslstore wrote the module themselves, so it would be up to them to add the extra features.

The existing import would be a great feature, but now that certificates need to be recreated annually, not as much a big deal.

2 hours ago, galaxy said:

The existing import would be a great feature, but now that certificates need to be recreated annually, not as much a big deal.

Certificates require to be reissued every 12 months, it's true, but SSL services can last up to 6 years (WHMCS stop to just 3 years), and in the meanwhile the user can reissue his certificate whenever he wants or needs on his own and without our support... so it's quite important importing existing certificates too.
(But I'm studying it and it seems not too difficult, even operating just on phpmyadmin ...)

Just did a quick test, importing manually an existing order using phpmyadmin

It seems easy; for each existing certificate, it's necessary:

- inserting a record in services table with following fields:
   - pricing_id (value change according to your Blesta installation)
   - client_id
   - module_row (not understood yet what is this and how to manage it:  I just set the very same value of another exiting certificate)
   - date_added
   - date_renew (certificate expiring date, or maybe certificate expiring date less 15 days... )

- inserting two records in service_fields table:
   - the first record with service_id from the corresponding record in service table, with thesslstore_order_id as key, and with order id# from thesslstore as value
   - the second record with service_id from the corresponding record in service table, with thesslstore_token as key, and with token id# from thesslstore as value

Everything seems to be working fine, and the user is able to manage his certificate using Blesta 

If I'm not missing something, it's almost trivial, and writing a script to import certificates from a CSV should be an easy half-day task...   

That looks like its would be easy to add a tab view & function for admins to create those records.  When I get there, I'll write one and let you know if you're interested.

I'm finally starting my migration, but needed to wait on DomainManager and wrote a registrar module for SRSPlus/Register.com and a plugin for PowerDNS.  I'm finishing up my import_manager to migrate from Odin Business Automation and I'll be set.

Then I'll hack the module to add the ability to create the records.  It would be nice if they had the button just go in and download all existing orders and set it up.

8 hours ago, galaxy said:

and wrote a registrar module for SRSPlus/Register.com and a plugin for PowerDNS

Really did you realized a Blesta plugin for PowerDNS?
I'm interested about (but I guess many would be interested to...)

What functions are covered by your plugin? 

Yes, but the problem is that plugins don't appear to have configurable settings.  So the plugin is hard-coded with the parameters of hostname, username, password to contact the master PDNS server.  But it works well and is configured to come up on any domain registration services.  I have a cron ob on the master pdns server that reads the domains from plesk servers and the current billing system (OBAS) and is a slave/secondary for control panel servers, primary/master for OBAS and anything else.  But the plugin allows you to change all that (for admins), and clients either get readonly (for slaves), or read-write for primary domains.

So I imported all 150 packages, but instead of deleting, I updated them to "inactive" to get them out of the way.  Then I can just activate the ones I want.

One thing strange is that there are duplicates, and they have different pricing.  Not sure what to make of that.  I'll just activate the cheaper ones.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:30 PM, galaxy said:

One thing strange is that there are duplicates, and they have different pricing.  Not sure what to make of that.  I'll just activate the cheaper ones.

Keep attention that:

- all Digicert's group certificates (GeoTrust, Rapidssl etc) are available in two versions: the old, "legacy…", and the new one (that has a digi- in the product code)

- many Digicert's group certificates are available in two versions: normal and flex 

On 7/31/2021 at 3:27 AM, Remitur said:

Just did a quick test, importing manually an existing order using phpmyadmin

It seems easy; for each existing certificate, it's necessary:

- inserting a record in services table with following fields:
   - pricing_id (value change according to your Blesta installation)
   - client_id
   - module_row (not understood yet what is this and how to manage it:  I just set the very same value of another exiting certificate)
   - date_added
   - date_renew (certificate expiring date, or maybe certificate expiring date less 15 days... )

- inserting two records in service_fields table:
   - the first record with service_id from the corresponding record in service table, with thesslstore_order_id as key, and with order id# from thesslstore as value
   - the second record with service_id from the corresponding record in service table, with thesslstore_token as key, and with token id# from thesslstore as value

Everything seems to be working fine, and the user is able to manage his certificate using Blesta 

If I'm not missing something, it's almost trivial, and writing a script to import certificates from a CSV should be an easy half-day task...   

I finally tried this in production (where there's real keys to test).

The service shows up but it says "New" in the listing.  When you click on "Management Actions" in the admin interface it says "This feature is not available for the initial order."  When I look in the client interface and click Manage I'm getting Invalid TheSSLStoreOrderID/CustomOrderID

I've verified the order ID and token in the SSLStore panel "Order Details" screen.  I used "Order ID" and "Token" fields.  Are they the correct fields to populate?