No spacing on support ticket text since 5.1

DannyXYZ

Hello,

i don´t know if this is only me, but since Version 5.1 the Text on the ticket messages have no more spaces if you logged in as client and look at the Ticket. So the text is all together and not good to read then. The Email versions seems to be fine.

In my case it look like this even if there are spaces between the lines:

text1.thumb.PNG.ba5e77e5a34179ea54d6687e5133091e.PNGtext2.thumb.PNG.3fd4524714a68c9830a755a21117a37a.PNG

don't know if this is a bug or any other problem. Tested it with my own and the original bootstrap template.

Hello,

before i was on 5.0.4 now on 5.1.2. So at the moment, if threre is more text you can not read this text very good anymore.

The E-Mail versions are fine and look good, but if you view the ticket in Blesta, you can not read  the text as it all is line in line.

So for me all this looks like this:

text1.thumb.PNG.927e1ca980525016e972a9971c1c98fa.PNG

text2.thumb.PNG.daf9ca63d183b276400b38b93058f7eb.PNG

On the logs i can see this notice, but i don´t know if this can have to do with this, but everytime i view a ticket,  this message is logged:

general.NOTICE: E_NOTICE: Trying to access array offset on value of type null {"code":8,"message":"Trying to access array offset on value of type null","file":"/vendors/blesta/parsedown/Parsedown.php","line":258} 

I have tested this on my install and it isn't just you.

You are correct that if you put a double space (I call them double lines) in a support ticket reply, the double lines are lost when the ticket is viewed in the client portal only. It is important to note that the double lines appear absolutely fine when viewing the ticket in the staff portal and as DannyXYZ has explained, it is fine on emails. So there is a discrepancy here with how the client portal is displaying the text.

As an aside, the "preview" button doesn't show what actually appears in practice for new lines either - this can throw you off, so best to ignore the preview and go by what you see.

2021-07-29_20h21_27.png

2021-07-31_01h22_29.png.8f2cdbe7a8e01b33ae7dc5c9ff7898ed.png

On 7/23/2021 at 10:37 PM, DannyXYZ said:

On the logs i can see this notice, but i don´t know if this can have to do with this, but everytime i view a ticket,  this message is logged:

general.NOTICE: E_NOTICE: Trying to access array offset on value of type null {"code":8,"message":"Trying to access array offset on value of type null","file":"/vendors/blesta/parsedown/Parsedown.php","line":258} 

Regarding this error message that you see in your logs when viewing a ticket. I had already tracked down an exact matching error caused by the KB the other week, but I had not spotted that it was also appearing with support tickets. It is an error that is appearing under PHP 7.4, so I presume that you are running PHP 7.4 like me. It has taken me considerable time to finally put the information together such that I can post about the bug here - I've added in the error that you have observed when viewing tickets because I was also able to re-create it. I believe that the error from the support tickets is related to the error from the KB because they are the same/very similar and are all from the support manager plugin, so thanks for mentioning it, as I was able to combine it all into my one topic. I'm not a developer, but I can't see how these errors could be related to this particular problem with double line spacing not being displayed in the client portal, however.