Domain Manager WHOIS Privacy pricing

galaxy

Question

Most registrars support whois privacy, each with different pricing.  I cannot find in Blesta where to set how much to charge per year.  It does give you a checkbox to select whois privacy, however I don't see how to set pricing.  Can anyone point me there?

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Most registrars support whois privacy, each with different pricing.  I cannot find in Blesta where to set how much to charge per year.  It does give you a checkbox to select whois privacy, however I don't see how to set pricing.  Can anyone point me there?

If you are using the domain manager, the option can be enabled under the TLD Pricing page (Packages > Domain Options) for registrars that support it. Currently the pricing would be set under Packages > Configurable Options > Options > ID Protection: Edit (and set the prices for each term.

The current schema is the same price for all TLDs, but you could clone this option with different pricing, put it in a different group, and manually assign it to the Package (Under TLD Pricing > Edit > Advanced > "Edit Package" button. Swapping out the official config option group with the one you created.

As a note, most of the registrar modules do not yet support ID Protection. If you check the box and get this error then it doesn't support it yet. We'll be adding support for these extra options to official registrar modules soon.

The id_protection feature is unsupported by the selected registrar module.

So if the ID Protection checkbox isn't checked (gives the error if you check it), and in the order form you check the whois privacy checkbox, will the client still get billed for it?

Its easy enough to control it via the registrar control panel.  I can also use 3rd party whois privacy.

In either case I need to make sure the client will be billed for the service.  Using the checkbox on the order form would be ideal, but I don't see any price in the cart when ordering and checking out with whois privacy checked.

11 hours ago, galaxy said:

So if the ID Protection checkbox isn't checked (gives the error if you check it), and in the order form you check the whois privacy checkbox, will the client still get billed for it?

Its easy enough to control it via the registrar control panel.  I can also use 3rd party whois privacy.

In either case I need to make sure the client will be billed for the service.  Using the checkbox on the order form would be ideal, but I don't see any price in the cart when ordering and checking out with whois privacy checked.

If you can't check the option, it shouldn't appear when they order a domain. If you manually edit the package and add the configurable option group for ID Protection to the domain Package (to bypass the checkbox under TLD Pricings) then yes, it would appear, and if they check it they will be charged for it based on pricing you set.. but the module will not enable it automatically, you'd need to do so manually after they order.

So if the goal is to charge them for the option, and set it up manually in the interim, then you would click to edit the pricing for the TLD under Packages > Domain Options, click on the Advanced Tab, click on the "Edit Package" button, and assign the configurable option group "ID Protection" to the Package and save. Don't forget to set pricing for each term under Packages > Configurable Options for ID Protection, if there is no pricing for the term then the option will not be available.