client payment reconcilation

lydwhero

Question

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the workflow for managing recurring payments that have been processed via bank transfer. 

We use Xero for accounting, so have the customer monthly payments showing up there. We would plan to send invoices using Blesta (we're a WISP so hoping we can hook up radius and generate invoices with charges based on usage). Customers would for the most part continue to pay directly using their automatic bank payments - is there a csv import or other bulk way i can enter the payments in Blesta? Is anyone developing a Xero module that will help handle this?

Cheers 

1 answer to this question

On 10/18/2021 at 11:08 PM, lydwhero said:

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the workflow for managing recurring payments that have been processed via bank transfer. 

We use Xero for accounting, so have the customer monthly payments showing up there. We would plan to send invoices using Blesta (we're a WISP so hoping we can hook up radius and generate invoices with charges based on usage). Customers would for the most part continue to pay directly using their automatic bank payments - is there a csv import or other bulk way i can enter the payments in Blesta? Is anyone developing a Xero module that will help handle this?

Cheers 

There is a 3rd party Quickbooks Online integration that we covered in this blog post https://www.blesta.com/2021/08/10/quickbooks-online-blesta-integration/ and they have expressed the idea of maybe creating a Xero integration. I would recommend reaching out to them and letting them know you'd like to see support for Xero.

Normally Blesta handles bank payments of the type ACH through an integrated gateway. For other types of payment, particularly those that occur outside of Blesta like checks, cash, or a direct wire, they need be recorded in Blesta. The most common way of handling this is for staff to use the "Record Payment" option within Blesta. It appears under Actions on a client's profile page. The common flow is to search for the client or invoice that is paid, and use the record payment option to record it, and continue through all.

Of course, that doesn't happen automatically or in bulk. We could potentially look at a bulk import option, especially if you would consider sponsoring it. It's not a request we get very often, more often than not Blesta handles the payment directly and there is nothing to record manually.