Michael

Fraud Record, for Blesta would be amazing in my opinion, it checks a database for unwanted customers, it's a bit like a neighbourhood watch team, but for webhosting.

Any fraud gets submitted to the database, and you can check to ensure you don't get the same unwanted customers.

Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers. Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

I used to use it on the last billing system I used and it helped much better than Maxmind, because bad clients are bad clients.

http://www.fraudrecord.com/

API: http://www.fraudrecord.com/developers.php

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If theres enough votes, can this be considered a must have? Apparently everyone I've talked to who has added this to their arsenal has reduced fraud 20-30%. That would be clearly a killer feature Blesta could sell itself on.

It is on their list :) but it's not public yet, you can view it at: http://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-935 when it's public.

• 2 months later...

Is there any further development in progress for this?  Would be very helpful to have MaxMind and FraudRecord working together.

I do see that the CORE object isn't public yet.

The task will remain private because it contains credentials for testing purposes. No ETA at the moment, it survived the first pass of 3.3 pruning, so it's still assigned to 3.3. It's implementation will depend on our workload and how quickly our deadlines approach for release.

The task will remain private because it contains credentials for testing purposes. No ETA at the moment, it survived the first pass of 3.3 pruning, so it's still assigned to 3.3. It's implementation will depend on our workload and how quickly our deadlines approach for release.

Hopefully mate it gets into 3.3 haha I can't wait to use FR.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there still a lot of interest in FraudRecord after the latest security issues with them? Someone from FraudTrackr.com reached out to me today, and they appear to offer a competing service to FR.

What security issues are these? I heard about the DDOS from a user that got put on the record? Looking at both i think i still prefer fraud record

Emails for accounts was open to the public in a file. It's on WHT and VPSBoard and LET :)

Very Naughty!!! Everyone makes mistakes eh!!! some make bigger then others i suppose... Lets hope they have learnt from their mistakes going forward.

I would still like a plugin to this service?