Cpanel Extended - Ftp Bug

RebornWebs

Can you provide steps to duplicate the issue? We've never setup the cPanel Extended module for testing since it was developed by ModulesGarden, and is not released with Blesta. You may want to ask ModulesGarden about this issue as well, and see if they have a solution for you. From just glancing at the code, it looks like it should work--but then again, that's usually the case.

If you're willing to update the module itself and test a possible solution, try to update /components/modules/cpanelextended/cpanelextended.php (line 1679) and change:

if($api->sendApi1Request("Ftp", "passwdftp", array('user' => $post["username"], 'passwd' => $post["password"])))

to

if($api->sendApi1Request("Ftp", "passwdftp", array('user' => $post["username"], 'passwd' => $post["ftppassword"])))

You'll need to test this change.

After testing this, I don't see it as an issue, at least not with Blesta or the cPanel Extended module.

I have noticed that when i reset my password on a special ftp account it wont work and it also changes the password for cpanel itself so you cannot longer login cpanel or the ftp.

If you login to cPanel and go to the FTP Accounts section, you'll notice that the Special FTP Accounts cannot have their password reset. There is no option to do so, at least not in the version we're using.

The module that ModulesGarden wrote does not handle success/error messages and logging very well, so it may not have been apparent that this is the case after attempting to change the password. The interface probably shouldn't show the ability to change the password, or even the quota in some cases. Changing the password, indeed, has no effect. However, attempting to login with erroneous passwords can get your IP blocked for a little while, which is what I suspect happened when you said you cannot login to your cPanel account.

I see no where that changing the FTP password would adversely affect the cPanel login password, so I would attribute the inability to login to being blocked for too many erroneous login attempts. And of course, you and your customers need only wait until the block expires to login again, using your initial password.