Possible To Authenticate Via Ldap?

velaware

Question

14 answers to this question

If you are looking to use a plugin that you are developing, I just completed a method using a plugin to intercept logins and process them against Joomla in a preaction event... otherwise you could edit the clients model I believe it is and add some code in the login routine.

no its not for the plugin but wanting a single sign on to tie in blesta with other services in writing that use ldap.

I already have it set up to the extent I need it. Made it happen last night once I was told where to look for the file to edit. Though it took some debugging to figure out what method I needed to edit so I could do it.

Do you have that code in such a state that you could share it?

We have plans for LDAP integration in the future.

Do you know how far down the road this is? This would help us with our migration a lot.
Edited by will

I haven't forgot about this but won't be able to do this today.  I would prefer to make it a plugin (see a thread I started here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1775-plugin-to-authenticate-user/?view=getnewpost ) instead of having to edit source files themselves.  The only thing is as far as I know the interface to logging into Blesta isn't documented (and if it is I don't know where to find it).  If anyone can help with this everything else should pretty much be simple as pie.