Onapp Module

Michael

lol, it's been in there a while, apparently. We need to get the client area conversion to bootstrap done first. Should allow for more flexibility with module management features, and result in a better Onapp implementation.

Ok mate, just wanted to see if people have a better choice than that ugly other system Ditlev tweeted about haha ;)

Ok mate, just wanted to see if people have a better choice than that ugly other system Ditlev tweeted about haha ;)

It's funny because most of the billing functionality short of invoicing and payment processing is already built into it.  I've always been flummoxed at why they've allowed their customers to rely on those billing systems.  When you guys do get to this module I'm hoping you open a discussion about it because there are many scenarios in which it can be built.  Please don't mimic any of the ones in existence (not that you would).  For example some are for VPS provisioning which defeats the point of what OnApp does.  Some lack features to the point that it has a button to "Login to OnApp" which is mind numbing for reasons that I don't need to explain.  One of them does a straight account provision to which you login to the OnApp control panel which is fine but I wouldn't use their billing system.

We'd like to see it as modular and customizable as possible just as Blesta core is.  The ability to utilize the module as a VPS hosting, Full Cloud control (to mimic what the default CP does in Blesta's own special way yet completely), or just simply provision an account to which the user logs directly into OnApp and Blesta manages invoices and billing reports (for billing admins).

Just some things to think about.

• 1 year later...

Any update on OnApp integration? Just tried looking at CORE-60 but cannot find a registration link to look into more detail

I like OnApp!

Have you guys reached out to OnApp yet? I believe they built the module for our competitor, so with enough requests they may relent into doing it themselves and get it to market sooner. We do want to get an OnApp module out there, but we don't have the dev cycles with all the other things we are working on at the moment.

Hi Paul, is there anything outstanding on the CORE-60 request or is there other things higher priority at the moment? I'll submit a feature request with OnApp to see what they say about developing a module for Blesta. If they will not develop one we have a test OnApp environment so we may look into developing it ourselves depending on their response, will have to get reading teh Blesta Modules development guide.

• 2 months later...

I am developing OnApp module and it should be available during this summer.

I am using OnApp PHP Wrapper External as API class.

Planned features:

- VM provisioning (create, suspend, destroy, change resources)

- VM resources upgrades/downgrades invoiced (here I must wait for Blesta 3.5)

- VM admin/client: turn on/off, reboot, console, reinstall (+ change template), change hostname, change root password, console (html5), statistics, firewall, backups

In the future:

- OnApp DNS

- OnApp Load balancers

- OnApp Smart servers

- OnApp CDN

I do not plan to develop mettered billing - charge customer per CPU usage etc.

Planned features:

- VM admin/client: turn on/off, reboot, console, reinstall (+ change template), change hostname, change root password, console (html5), statistics, firewall, backups

In the future:

- OnApp DNS

- OnApp Load balancers

- OnApp Smart servers

- OnApp CDN

Awesome mate :D woo!

Planned features:

In the future:

- OnApp DNS

- OnApp Load balancers

- OnApp Smart servers

- OnApp CDN

Very nice!  :blesta:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...